Overview: Media Director- AV job vacancy in Surrey recruiting now
Employer: Kelly Services
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Position at Wavemaker
Job Title: Media Director, AV
Reporting to: Media Lead, AV
Key reports: Media Executive, Media Manager
As Media Director you are accountable for the delivery of PRFs across your accounts, and value delivery is managed with control and accuracy. All financial and admin processes are tracked are managed.
You have built client relationships and are the trusted senior day to day contact for your clients.
At the center of your role is your team. Your responsibility doesn’t just sit with managing the quality and scope of their work but extends to their progression and wellbeing. You should fully understand their motivations and how to aid their development.
An integral part of this role is your overall contribution to Channels (AV) through leading department meetings and coordination areas to aid the smooth running of the AV team.
Some of the best things about this role
- Accountability of PRF delivery
- Team management
- Develop strategic thinking
- Client servicing
- Build a strong relationship with your Clients, becoming the main day to day contact. You will learn to anticipate what they will want and feed back in a way that is right for your individual client.
- You will present to clients from response to briefs, PCAs, updates and wider market areas. Here you will lead the Client(s) understanding of AV planning/buying and knowledge of the AV landscape
- Have a strong understanding of your client(s) industry sector, together with their competitors
- Oversee all client communication to ensure that they are kept up to date and service levels are high within your group. Any issues should be managed so Clients at not met with surprises at the post campaign/audit stage
- Lead by example with the quality of work you produce for presentations, proposals etc. You should be able sell our work and show the Client that we are the experts.
- Campaign management, Performance, Commercial
- Supervise and control all the buying performance of your team so all buying metrics are hit. This also covers accuracy of all the admin and that processes are always adhered to.
- You will ensure campaigns are bought against the best trading audience considering both strategic and commercial implications
- Chair regular status meetings with your team to review campaign performance and manage workloads
- Anticipate any issues and ensure your team comes to you as early as possible so you can manage any problems with them. Understand when you need to step in AND equally know when and what trading issues to escalate to your Media Lead.
- Work with the Manager on your team to produce accurate forecasts across all AV channels for the book. Communicate to the relevant stakeholders if there are major changes to the previous forecast and any late money shape is discussed before approval.
- Ensure your groups book moves are actioned to deadlines. Here again communication is key so it’s known that the request is being actioned.
- Responsible for making sure all your Clients AV spends on the system are double checked for accuracy and are on the system at the right time and in line with WM financial process.
- Track PRFs/Audits to ensure targets are met. You should know how to deliver this in the most efficient way. Also how you can maximise quality scores from producing buying briefs that advantage you in this area to working around the Audit methodology .
- Responsible for creating strategies for growth in video investment and APS across your set of clients.
- Team management
- You should lead your team. You set the standards in terms of quality of the work produced. Your group is one that always delivers to deadlines and has pride in their work
- You’ll help the Manager in your group to provide guidance and support to the team
- Also work alongside them to agree Future Me goals to identify the development needs of your team and monitor their performance
- Ensure learning is a key focus and diarise regular 1-1 learning sessions in with your team
- Provide your team with regular feedback: rewarding excellent work and providing constructive direction where required.
- With your Media Lead manage any issues around conduct. For example, time keeping, attitude. And work to find to solutions to resolve
- Set the ways of working within the group with your Media Lead – approach to lunches, smarter working, what they should so if they are late or off sick etc.
- Responsible for keeping your Media Lead up to date – client issues, opportunities, team developments
- AV strategy and planning
- You are responsible for taking the brief and working with your team to create AV plans and rationale with supporting data/information. This should include showcasing WM tools to support your recommendations. Your knowledge of these tools will be inside out, not only on what they can do but their inner workings and how they can help create strategies for growth for your clients.
- Your plans will consider new products, account for growing trends and structured to deliver the campaign KPIs. You should also look beyond pure spot and in terms of VOD be able to position this channel above pure incremental reach.
- Work with the Planning teams to ensure plans have clear KPIs and briefs that include all the required information. Where appropriate challenge the brief and suggest new ways of working if required.
- Demonstrate and create proof points for the efficacy of your AV planning through a clear measurement framework.
- Work with your Media Lead to develop longer term campaign strategies
- Lead a coordination area and team. Not only will you deliver on core objectives, but this role requires proactivity to challenge, suggest new approaches and pick up on new developments.
- Work regularly on new business pitches, suggest innovative ways of answering the brief for AV channels
- You should have a solid relationship with the other specialist leads on your account. You are the one that should initiate working closely with them both day to day and on response to briefs to produce cohesive work and maximise opportunities.
- Build relations with media owners at a senior level across all channels (AV).
- Relations with Auditors too should be fostered.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Media Director- AV job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Media Director- AV job vacancy in Surrey with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Media Director- AV job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.