Overview: Mechanical Cad Engineer – CAD Technician job vacancy in Hampshire recruiting now
Employer: Syntech Recruitment Ltd
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Mechanical CAD Engineer – CAD Technician (Manufacturing)
To 30k DOE
Monday to Thursday – 07:30 – 17:30
Friday – 07:30 – 13:30
Syntechs client is a very well established mechanical engineering organisation offering complete project services to a variety of industries including Petro-Chemical, Oil & Gas, Power, Water and Pharmaceutical. Working to the relevant industry codes and standards, they pride ourselves in delivering high end solutions to client specific requirements with a high emphasis on safety & quality assurance.
Main purpose of the CAD Engineer – CAD Technician
To support the engineering/ production department by providing detailed manufacturing drawings for purchasing and manufacturing purposes. Complete like for like drawings of equipment. Produce detailed piping and steelwork drawings. Create new designs and concepts.
Key attributes of the CAD Engineer – CAD Technician
Must be a proficient user of AutoCAD drawing software, producing manufacturing drawings and designs for fabrication.
Sound Piping and steelwork experience within highly regulated industries including Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, and cryogenics. Must hold a full UK driving licence. Must be computer literate.
Duties of the CAD Engineer – CAD Technician
The Key Responsibility of the Mechanical CAD Engineer is to support and assist with everyday operations within the engineering production department.
- Create detailed manufacturing drawings to assist fabrication including, General arrangements, part drawings, developments, and templates.
- Produce Piping and Steelwork fabrication drawings in the form of Isometrics, General arrangements, and orthographics.
- Adhere to P&IDs when designing pipework drawings.
- Review & check detailed design drawings of piping systems, supports and steelwork in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Survey and produce design drawings for like for like equipment replacements and equipment modifications.
- Prepare & check bill of materials.
- Provide technical input during detailed engineering of projects.
- Provide support and input into the preparation of manufacturing work packs.
- Conversant with ASME & BS EN standards.
- Knowledge of piping design and calculations is an asset plus a good ability to work with a 3D model and various tools is advantageous.
A sound understanding, working knowledge and experience with the following industry codes and standards is desired.
- Pressure vessel codes ASME VIII & PD5500.
- ASME U & R stamp.
- Pipe work codes ASME B31.3 / ASME B31.1
- E.D requirements including CE and UKCA Marking.
- Welding standards to ASME IX & BS 15614
They are looking for a Mechanical CAD Engineer – CAD Technician to assist the company and help maintain the reputation gained for delivering projects with extremely tight fabrication schedules on time. They have gone through sustained growth year on year over the past few years and with long term contracts secured with their main client base means the candidate will become a key member of the team. The wide variety of industries and disciplines they work in will also means the sucessful candidate will have the opportunity to enhance their own engineering prowess and knowledge for the ensuing years to come.
Syntech Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Mechanical Cad Engineer – CAD Technician job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Mechanical Cad Engineer – CAD Technician job vacancy in Hampshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Mechanical Cad Engineer – CAD Technician job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.