Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd
To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: Manager – Exhaust Systems Head of Exhaust Systems
Employer: Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd
Location: Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 3778fb4e-3e11-46e1-a195-c98ee657b924
For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
Provide technical & personnel leadership, acting as authority for exhaust system design, target compliance, integration & delivery. Ensure Aston Martin meets future emissions legislation & continues to offer customers the best sounding cars in the world.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Line manager and leader to exhaust team.
- Technical specialist in exhaust system design, durability, function & integration. Technical decision maker.
- Component ownership for emission relevant components (CAT/GPF), pipe routings and mufflers including all relevant sensors and actuators necessary to fulfil legal and customer requirements
- Driver of exhaust system attribute performance & legislative compliance.
- Responsibility for requirement definition to suppliers and tracking of supplier R&D activities from concept to production release
- Overriding delivery responsible to function, cost, quality & timing.
- System design responsible from programme, department & customer demand – translating wants/needs into content.
- Voice of the system. Present internally to all seniority levels, technical & project delivery.
- Commercial assessment of designs, quotations & supplier selection in support of procurement function.
- Support, track and drive completion of delivery metrics, as they relate to system requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in exhaust system design & introduction
- Demonstrable experience of responding to programme scope with content, cost, risk & resource
- Demonstrable involvement with & specialist knowledge of, legislative requirements & design for compliance
- Demonstrable knowledge of designing for attribute performance. Acoustics & emissions.
- Line management accountability or team leadership experince. Clear people focus
- Processing & interpreting engine emissions data & it’s application to substrate / coating specification
- Exhaust system sensor specification & engineering.
- A surface component introduction, ideally including plated metal components
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent qualification / experience
- Siemens PLM TeamCentre
- Siemens NX
- Influential leader. Team focus. Deliver by influence not seniority.
- Must be prepared to filter requests & “shield” team from departmental requests. First point of contact for conflict.
- Must tailor technical briefing to suit audience. Confident presenter to all seniority & specialisms
- Critical thinker, quick decision maker. Must remain calm under pressure
- Competent at managing complexity & prioritizing,
- Proactivity essential. Think practicality to resolve issues & remove roadblocks
- Must be prepared to muck in when required. Seniority should not come with entitlement from the team
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Manager – Exhaust Systems Head of Exhaust Systems job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Manager – Exhaust Systems Head of Exhaust Systems job vacancy in Warwickshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Manager – Exhaust Systems Head of Exhaust Systems job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.