Overview: Management Accountant Online job vacancy in Swindon recruiting now
Location: Swindon, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Head Office – Swindon (hybrid working pattern)
We are currently seeking a management accountant to join the financial accounting team based in Greenbridge. Working primarily on the accounts preparation and financial control of the WH Smith online businesses, this role will also work closely with the financial accountant for the high street business on balance sheet/cash flow forecasting and reconciliation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Produce the monthly management accounts, profit & loss account and balance sheet, in line with the month end reporting deadlines.
- Fully reconcile the balance sheet control accounts and constantly review areas for improvement within these controls.
- Support the financial accountant in the production of the statutory entity accounts at the key half-year and full-year reporting periods.
- Respond to queries raised by both the internal and external auditors.
- Provide data to the group tax and group VAT teams as required.
- Produce detailed balance sheet and cash flow forecasts in line with the forecasting cycles .
- Work alongside the finance business partners to ensure the information reported to the business is timely and accurate.
- Support in the delivery of finance system improvements within the business.
- Produce ad hoc reporting as required.
- Occasional travel to the local business offices.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA. Strong finalist candidates will also be considered.
- Experience working on the production of management accounts – P&L, Balance Sheet, Accruals and Prepayments.
- Highly IT literate with experience of accounting packages and excel.
- An ability to analyse, interpret and present complex data to inform the business and make decisions.
- Advanced understanding of double entry, able to reconcile and resolve problems at a granular level.
- You should have strong interpersonal skills to build key relationships within the business units.
What we can offer you:
Annual bonus based on company performance
Hybrid working model from home and in the office
25 days holiday, plus your Birthday off, plus Bank Holidays with an opportunity to buy extra days holiday
Finish at 4pm on a Friday
Competitive pension contribution
Staff discount card for stores and online
WHSmith is a leading, global travel retailer with a smaller business located on UK high streets. Since 1792, we’ve grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand, and we’re proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust on their journey, both in life and through life. Today, we have more than 1700 stores in over 30 countries across the globe, serving millions of customers every year, and you’ll find us at airports, railway stations, hospitals and on the high street.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and basis of disability. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and encourage them in particular from individuals from under-represented groups at WH Smith. This includes women and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Management Accountant Online job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Management Accountant Online job vacancy in Swindon with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Management Accountant Online job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.