Overview: Lead Training & Recruitment Officer job vacancy in Yorkshire recruiting now
Employer: First Bus
Location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
LeadTraining & Recruitment Officer
Up to £35,000 (dependant on experience)
We are looking for a LeadTraining & Recruitment Officer for our York depot. You will be the main point of contact for ourtraining schools, not only will you be responsible for organising, planning and executing all aspects of training and recruitment but you will take the lead within our recruitment function. You will be responsible for the training of new employees to pass their PCV test, coaching newPCV holders and existing drivers who may require additionaltraining, as well as delivering classroom based training such as induction and CPC.
This role is perfect for an individual looking to further their career into management within a recruitment setting.
About the role
The successful applicant willhave had experience in a similar role, experience of delivering classroom based training or delivering training to non PCV holders.
You musthave held a PCV licence for a minimum of 3 years, internal candidates musthave an excellent attendance record.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as this rolewill involve dealing with a wide variety of people.
You must be accredited to deliver driver CPC courses, you must also have knowledge and experience of Driver hours and regulations within a passenger transport sector
- Work with local managers to ensure that teams are competently trained, and to achieve agreed establishmentrequirements
- Experience delivering classroom based training in a previous role.
- Taking the lead within ourrecruitment function
- Consistently deliver high quality training in line with a divisional framework and local guidelines, specifically, but not exclusively in the following areas:
- Instruct new recruits to DSA PCV standard and train on customer service and carry out driving assessments as appropriate
- Undertake theory tests and ensure adequate stock of theory certificates
- CPC training to both new and established drivers
- Remedialsupport following critical incidents or driver skills assessment to restore confidence and competence
- Adhere to agreed processes to effectively induct new employees, ensuring trainees work in a safe manner in accordance to company safety policies and procedures
- Execute the local training and recruitment plans
- Maintain accurate records for all aspects of training and recruitment standards and performance
- Workcollaboratively with colleagues to ensure positive relationships are maintained between the Training team and the business
- Ensure a comprehensive hand-over and coordination across shifts
- Undertake driving duties, as required
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Asda, Sainsbury’s, B&Q, ODEON cinema.
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Flexible working
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You’ll find a range of health-promotioninitiatives, and you willhave 24/7 access to ourconfidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusiveorganisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Lead Training & Recruitment Officer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Lead Training & Recruitment Officer job vacancy in Yorkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Lead Training & Recruitment Officer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.