Overview: Lead Java Engineer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Metro Bank
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Are you a passionate Software Engineer with expertise in Java 8 or 11? Can you develop market leading digital solutions and products? Do you constantly look for the ways to improve existing processes? If yes, then we may have the role for you.
As a Lead Java Engineer, you will be responsible for writing high-performing, scalable code in an Agile/DevOps environment. As part of your mission, you will lead the delivery of complex development projects, in order to shape the technical direction of the Bank.
Most of our jobs offer the opportunity for hybrid / remote working. Ask your recruiter for more details.
So what would you be doing?…
• Leading and coaching a team of Java Developers
• Writing clean code and test thoroughly via test driven development (TDD) and business driven development (BDD)
• Translating user stories to functional applications
• Being responsible for your workload from requirements to customer acceptance in production
• Developing technical understanding and best practises and providing support for technical issues
• Assisting in low-level designs based on the user stories
• Conducting detailed code reviews in order to maintain the quality and standard of code
• Writing unit, integration, and functional tests
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have a proven track record of coding in Java 8 (ideally Java 11) using TDD/BDD
• We need you to have in depth knowledge of Apache Camel, GraphQL or Spring Integration
• In order to be successful in this role, you will have previous experience with enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring (particularly Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Stream, Spring Security, Spring Data)
• It is key that you have understanding of functional programming (e.g. Lambda, Streams)
• In order to hit the ground running, you will have experience of continuous integration using SonarQube, Maven or Azure DevOps
• Naturally, you will have practical knowledge of containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
• To be successful in this role, you will have good understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Cloud computing
• We need you to have thorough knowledge of Kafka and Confluent stack
• You will have understanding of Git for Code repository
• Naturally, you will have experience in integrating APIs with Angular apps
This role is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime. This means that If you are successful in your application, we are required to carry out additional checks that will be repeated annually while you are in this role. For more information you can visit the FCA website or ask your recruiter who can explain further.
IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE; Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Lead Java Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Lead Java Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Lead Java Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.