Overview: Lead Engineer – Seat Belt & Child Restraint Systems job vacancy in Warwickshire recruiting now
Employer: Jaguar Land Rover
Location: Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
What to expect
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new or modified seat belt system. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Engineers will report into the Group Leader and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have a matrix report into the programme Module Leader. The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time and lead the technical content and integrity of the seat belt systems across specific vehicle programmes.
The Cabin & Safety Systems department has complete responsibility for the design and development of all Jaguar and Land Rover Interior cabin and safety systems from concept design through to volume production. With an increasing emphasis on virtual development techniques the department utilises advanced CAD and CAE to support the product development process. A role within the Safety Component Group involves working with a wide range of development tools within challenging functional and cost targets and significant liaison with all internal areas of our business as well as external component and system suppliers.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Own and deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
* Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
* Manage engineering and attribute Change Requests, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Manage component and sub-system test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to design verification sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
* Resolve issues with component and sub-system engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
* Ensure all appropriate JLR standards and applicable regulations are met through-out design maturation
* Provide input into new feature development
* Developing and managing the implementation of feasible technical solutions to achieve programme targetsProgramme targets for cost, weight, quality (utilising Failure Mode Avoidance techniques) and functional performance.
* Legal regulations, component and sub-system engineering (RMDV) requirements.
* Optical Quality and PCPA (Premium Consumer Product Audit) requirements.
* Keeping all Module documentation up to date including:Engineering and Business Meeting minutes
* Foundation and Programme Design analysis documents
* Quality history and Bill of Design
* AIMS, RMDV, WERS, APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), PPAP
What you’ll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within an Engineering Project Team environment
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, engineering change control, product definition and change management processes
* Proven experience of engineering project management within a technical environment, ideally encompassing the management of suppliers or other external organisations.
* Previous experience within Automotive engineering or programme planning departments
* Previous experience in Body Engineering / Safety Components, Restraint Electronics or Vehicle Safety environments
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Lead Engineer – Seat Belt & Child Restraint Systems job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Lead Engineer – Seat Belt & Child Restraint Systems job vacancy in Warwickshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Lead Engineer – Seat Belt & Child Restraint Systems job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.