Lead Data Engineer
Reports to Solution Architect / CTO
ClubSpark is a global leader in sports technology and growing rapidly!! With offices in London, Melbourne and Orlando, we are on a mission to help people become more active through technology. It is a very exciting time to join the team.
The ClubSpark platform supports venues and coaches in sports including tennis, cricket, athletics, squash and table tennis and this number is growing daily. Our clients include some of the most famous brands and organizations in sport.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior / Lead Data Engineer. This is a key role for our company and will support our Development teams in ensuring the effective management and delivery of data. The role is responsible for developing and constructing data products and services and integrating them into systems and business processes.
Skills required for this role
- Communication skills (data). You are confident communicating effectively to and between technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitating discussions within a multidisciplinary team, with potentially difficult dynamics. You can advocate for the team externally and you know how to manage different perspectives.
- Data analysis and synthesis. You know how to undertake data profiling and source system analysis and can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- Data development process. You can design, build and test data products that are complex or large-scale. You know how to build teams to complete data integration services.
- Data innovation. You understand the impact of emerging trends on the organisation in data tools, analysis techniques and data usage.
- Data integration design. You know how to select and implement the appropriate technologies to deliver resilient, scalable and future-proofed data solutions.
- Data modelling. You understand the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas. You know how to reverse-engineer data models from a live system. You understand industry-recognised data modelling patterns and standards and when to apply them. You can compare and align different data models.
- Metadata management. You can design an appropriate metadata repository and present changes to existing metadata repositories. You understand a range of tools for storing and working with metadata. You can provide oversight and advice to more inexperienced members of the team.
- Problem resolution (data). You know how to respond to problems in databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur. You can initiate actions, monitor services and identify trends to resolve problems. You can determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures.
- Programming and build (data engineering). You know how to use agreed standards and tools to design, code, test, correct and document moderate-to-complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations. You can collaborate with others to review specifications where appropriate.
- Technical understanding (data engineering). You understand core technical concepts related to the role and can apply them with guidance.
- Testing. You can review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. You can identify issues and risks associated with work while being able to analyse and report test activities and results.
- Containerisation & microservices
- Docker with Kubernetes
- SQL & NoSQL Database (MongoDB and MSSQL)
- Microsoft Azure
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Agile development methodologies
- DevOps core activities and related tools
- Knowledge of ETL pipelines, data warehousing and analytical frameworks.
Great if you also have experience with:
- Client-side frameworks (e.g. Angular, React)
- Experience in the sporting or wellness sector
- Competitive salary will be dependent on experience
- The Company is not offering immigration sponsorship with this role
- We offer great benefits which include 26 days holiday, life assurance, contributory pension, laptop + any extras you need!
- This is currently a remote working role whilst all our teams are temporarily working from home, when our offices re-open this role will involve regular travel to our Wimbledon office.
- We will also consider strong candidates who wish to work flexibly from home in the long term who are based in other parts of the UK.
- Join a friendly team who value growth, effort, health and having fun!
For an informal chat and to apply (resume and cover letter) please click here or on the apply link on this page.