Overview: Lead Cyber Security Engineer job vacancy in Gloucestershire recruiting now
Location: Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Lead Cyber Security Engineer
Cirencester – Fully Remote Initially
£50,000 – £60,000 + benefits
Fantastic new permanent opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer with this market leading specialist financial services business based in Cirencester. The position will initially be 100% fully remote but post Covid will offer a blend of remote and office based work.
Reporting into the Security Operations Manager you play a lead role in shaping and delivering Cyber Security for the business. You will take the lead in delivering security engineering projects and will manage and mentor a small team of security analysts. You will lead on new security deployments, as well as being responsible for managing the existing tools and capabilities, working closely with their operational teams to manage upgrades, on-going maintenance and integration with other tools.
- Set the direction of security engineering, defining your own strategy for delivery, and feeding into broader Cyber Security Strategy for the business.
- Identify and set your own priorities, reviewing our control and capability landscape and identifying opportunities for improvement and the selection of new technologies.
- Manage the existing security toolset (end to end), including technologies for vulnerability management, privileged account management, container security and security monitoring and alerting (SIEM).
- Work closely with Infrastructure teams, specifically Cloud Operations to ensure they leverage new and existing cloud security capabilities, and security standards followed.
- Develop integrations based on security operations requirements, leveraging existing tools and information sources for threat detection and analysis.
- Review products that can advance their security capabilities, such as tools that support analysis, to detection capabilities and other emerging technologies.
- Point of contact and expertise for projects, and other IT teams on security best practice, and day to day security engineering requirements.
- Proven background within a similar Cyber Security Engineering position.
- Experience working with one or more of the major (AWS/Azure/GCP) cloud environments, and deployment of the relevant security technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of SIEM and Data Analytics Platforms, from data ingestion through to management of the platforms and performance monitoring.
- Strong working Knowledge of the foundations of IT systems management, from Windows domain functions though to TCP/IP, OSI Model, DNS, DHCP, Routing, Load Balancing and VPNs.
- Experience using (deploying/managing) vulnerability management platforms.
- Self-motivated and ability to deliver operational solutions from broad objectives, with proven experience in leading engineering projects.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, translating technical content to wide range of stakeholders. i.e. to explain the benefit of technology deployment.
- Ability to work independently to delivery against personal and team objectives, liaising with relevant teams and expertise inside and outside of the business to ensure the right result.
- Python & Windows Scripting Experience, ability to use scripting languages to automate specific tasks and assist with system integration (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience with Splunk (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience with Tenable (desirable).
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Danny Palmer on or at
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Lead Cyber Security Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Lead Cyber Security Engineer job vacancy in Gloucestershire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Lead Cyber Security Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.