OFFICE FOR NATIONAL STATISTICS-1
Overview: Lead Analyst job vacancy in Not Specified recruiting now
Employer: OFFICE FOR NATIONAL STATISTICS-1
Location: Not Specified, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,205 per annum
Locations: Newport, Fareham or Darlington (Hybrid working available)
Closing Date: Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 2nd December 2021
Roles available on both a full and part time basis
Are you a statistician, data scientist, economist, operational or social researcher looking to develop your skills and career while making a difference to UK Society?
The Office for National Statistics is the UK’s leading producer of official statistics and plays a key part in providing information that helps business, government, the public and others make informed choices for the public good. The demand for our data, insight and knowledge has never been higher.
We are looking to recruit analysts from a range of backgrounds to help further our far-reaching plans to improve the quality, breadth and depth of data and analysis covering the UK’s economy, environment and society.
At ONS we are creative about the way we work to deliver brilliant and sustainable outcomes and as we collaborate, we approach working together with positivity and trust, investing in building excellent and inclusive working relationships across the organisation.
We operate a Hybrid working model. This means we offer greater flexibility about where and when we work. Our colleagues are linked to one of our core locations – Newport, Fareham, Darlington, London or Edinburgh (OSR) where presence at one of these sites will form part of the working arrangements agreed during any offer made.
The office locations available for this role are set out at the top of this advert.
The roles are based in all parts of our Economic, Social & Environmental Group. Your role could involve working on cutting-edge research, developing new analytical methods, producing some of the UK’s most important statistics or helping policy makers and the public comprehend our data. Our roles cover a broad range of topic areas, including: the environment and the UK’s net-zero target; household income and wealth; the digital economy; crime; labour market analysis; price statistics and inflation; developing real time indicators; global trade and foreign direct investment; gross domestic product; productivity; Sustainable Development Goals; and more.
Through your career with us, you will have an opportunity to work on these and more – in the process developing your chosen analytical professional skills, your subject matter knowledge and your abilities as a leader.
Our Grade 7 roles are senior leadership positions where you will take responsibility for an entire area of our work, ensuring your team have the skills to deliver, working collaboratively with peers to shape the agenda and representing the ONS with stakeholders.
- Leading and undertaking analysis or research and leading publications, ensuring that our outputs are timely, accurate, relevant, accessible and coherent.
- Leading and working within multi-disciplinary analytical teams or providing analytical oversight and setting direction for a team or unit.
- Ensuring the right data collection and analytical methods are used, and that quality assurance, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement are carried out appropriately.
- Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally to understand user needs, manage expectations, deliver quality products and seek to continually improve our offer.
- Communicating analysis, outputs and insights effectively, both in written publications and in meetings with key stakeholders, ensuring that key messages are understood, and add value to public debate and policy making.
- Working collaboratively and flexibly across the Office for National Statistics, with topic experts, survey designers, field force and data experts to seek new opportunities to add value and provide a coherent service to our users.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply to be redirected to Civil Service Jobs where you can view the person specification and make an application.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Lead Analyst job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Lead Analyst job vacancy in Not Specified with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Lead Analyst job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.