Overview: Junior Software Engineer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: QA Consulting
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
programming? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Get fast-tracked into a ground-breaking career as a Junior Software Engineer working with innovative organisations like IBM, TalkTalk, Santander, Amazon partners and the government clients. You’ll build in-demand skills specialising in Full Stack Software Development. Every day you’ll use specialised technology to power organisations into the future.
We’re looking for passionate techies – whether you’ve studied tech, got tech knowledge, or completed some personal/commercial projects. QA’s application process is different – no covering letters or awkward assessment centres here! We’re interested in what motivated you, what you are passionate about and how you handle certain situations.
We are looking for individuals to join our teams in London!
What’s in store
- Training from seriously clever mentors Software solutions power organisations. The software you’ll specialise in is high in demand but low in supply. You’ll gain it with training at our 8-week talent academy. You’ll also develop your business expertise so you can be a successful Junior Software Developer.
- Fast Track Training. Our programme is developed based on your aptitude. Those that have potential will be able to work with clients sooner.
- Your training will include Programming in Java, Source Control, DevOps (Azure or AWS), Cloud Databases, API Development and Automated Testing
- Push yourself and your career further Learning with QA doesn’t stop after 8 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and challenge yourself technically – so you can fulfil your potential
What’s the job like:
- As a Junior Software Engineer at QA, you’ll empower our customers to develop and support their solutions – so they can be self-sufficient adopters of the latest technologies
- You’ll bring your technical expertise to the customer. You’ll help them to develop and maintain cutting-edge solutions, so they remain competitive
Some Key responsibilities when working on our customer projects will be:
- You will solve complex distributed systems problems contributing directly to our customers strategic hybrid cloud solution.
- Working collaboratively with other software engineers, e.g., via pairing
- You will design, develop, and deliver software enhancements and associated tests
- Design, write and implement automated testing
- Author, implement and enhance operational monitoring
- Provide ongoing support, debugging and maintenance to existing systems
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Our training is virtual, and you will receive a bursary to help and support you during the first 5 weeks of training, after completing your initial training (5 weeks) you will be offered a permanent contract at £19,300 for the remainder of the training until deployed onto a project.
- Post training you will receive a completive salary of £26,000 which will increase to £29,000 after 12 months.
- Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability (if certifications apply to your specialism)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential – you’ll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
What we need from you
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- You should be eligible to be able to apply for UK DV Clearance
- Qualifications equivalent to A Level/Level 3/BTEC or above (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree)
We’d certainly like…
- A genuine passion for technology – you should demonstrate this on your CV. What have you done in your spare time, as well as your qualifications/knowledge? Have you learnt to code? Have you done any free online training? Have you built a website?
- Any other relevant qualifications, more specifically in a technical subject
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages (whether that’s in a job, in education or in your spare time): Python, Java, C# or C++
Supercharge your digital career. Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It’s QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Junior Software Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Junior Software Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Junior Software Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.