Overview: Java Web Developer job vacancy in Not Specified recruiting now
Employer: Esri UK
Location: Not Specified, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Employment Type: Permanent
We have great opportunity for an experienced Java Script Web Developer to join our Esri UK product development team as a Senior Consultant. You can be home, office based or work on a hybrid basis, but must be based within the UK. Apply today to join our growing and supportive team.
Who are we?
Esri UK is a distributor of the world’s leading geospatial software, ArcGIS and we provide a wide range of services to our customers across both public and private sectors across the UK. With the single largest pool of GIS expertise in the UK, Esri UK is the market leader and authority on GIS and our business is growing considerably year on year.
Working for us as a Java Script Web Developer / Senior Consultant, your key responsibilities will be:
- Software Development – design, development, documentation, release and maintenance of software components
- Technical management – working closely with the product manager to prioritise, estimate, manage the technical work of the team, manage incidents and work with customers to understand their requirements
- Technical leadership – promote best software engineering practice; manage technical risk and mentor junior members of team
- Grow your knowledge – keep up to date with changes to developer technologies and GIS, find innovative ways to develop our products
This would be a great career move for you if you are:
- Comfortable with REST APIs and developing software to interact with them
- Keen to work with the latest mapping, geospatial, cloud and web technologies
- Familiar with automation, code management and deployment technologies such as Git, Azure DevOps, Notebooks and Serverless
- Able to clearly communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers
- Experienced in managing technical teams
Your educational and industry background is not so important, but hands-on experience of front-end or full-stack development to solve real-world problems is crucial to become a GIS Developer. Knowledge of ArcGIS and developing software using the ArcGIS Developer APIs is desirable but not essential.
We will reward you with:
- A good basic salary and a generous company bonus scheme paying up to 20% per annum (based on company and personal achievements)
- Pension, Vitality healthcare scheme, gym contribution, cycle to work scheme. We believe as a company that we should give back wherever we can and therefore also offer volunteering opportunities, including MapAction.
Location: We offer flexibility around location. You can opt for home-based working (within the UK), or office based in either Edinburgh, Aylesbury of Cambridge. There is also an opportunity to work a mix of both in a hybrid model.
Please apply online, including your CV and covering letter, detailing your salary expectations
Application deadline: 25 th August 2022, however we will be interviewing suitable candidates sooner, so please apply ASAP!
A little more about us …..
Esri UK uses mapping technology to help our customers solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. We support governments, universities, businesses and charities worldwide to save money, improve society, and protect our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri UK is a thriving and inclusive workplace. We take pride in our culture and recognise the value our people bring. We believe in creating a balanced and flexible work/ life environment and invest in learning and development at all stages of an individual’s career. We believe on promoting from within and offer long term career opportunity in a successful, growing business.
Esri UK are an equal opportunity employer – we recognise the importance and value of having a diverse and inclusive workforce and the benefits that this can bring to both our employees and our customers
NO Agencies please
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Java Web Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Java Web Developer job vacancy in Not Specified with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Java Web Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.
- Experienced in managing technical teams