Overview: Java Developer job vacancy in Not Specified recruiting now
Location: Not Specified, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
We are Global
We re proud to be one of the world s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying it s all about how you make people feel. It s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it s so much more than words. It s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Senior Java Developer
Overview of job
The Commercial Technology team develop and maintain the products that drive the commercial revenues at Global for both the Radio and Outdoor parts of the business. We are passionate about 3 key areas of the business:
- Sales Operations (opportunity management and campaign details).
- Trading and Fulfilment (campaign planning, booking and delivery); and
- Programmatic (audio and outdoor digital ad platform).
We are facing many exciting and interesting scaling questions, technical challenges and looking at new ways to grow the business. This role will be crucial to that success.
We are a friendly and close-knit team and work in a highly collaborative, agile environment.
3 best things about the job
- Work with our streaming and dynamic ad insertion platform that provides a great listening experience for millions of people every day!
- Work in a highly collaborative, agile environment to develop innovative solutions.
- Work in partnership with the product team to set the priorities for the fastest growing part of the business!
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Followed good development practice and taken part in code reviews.
- Delivered several larger features to the partners.
- Assisted in ensuring a reliable production environment using relevant tooling.
- Taken time to understand the business context.
- Understand what the roadmap looks like.
Responsibilities of the role
- Developing features for the business.
- Take part in code reviews and other practices in the team to help maintain a high technical standard.
- Help run our agile development process.
- Help mentor more junior team members.
- Help drive our collaborative learning culture.
- Help maintain a reliable production environment.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Self-starting, problem-solving attitude.
- Proven experience of good coding patterns and understanding of multithreaded code.
- Proven experience in Java 8+, networking/distributed systems, databases and other relevant tooling. Although this role focuses on Java, we use other languages too so a willingness to learn them would be encouraged.
- Proven experience of writing well tested code, also accounting for how code will need to be monitored in production.
- Great communication skills.
- Highly collaborative outlook and demonstrable experience working in a multi-functional team.
- An eye for detail and the desire to make sure things are done right.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Java Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Java Developer job vacancy in Not Specified with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Java Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.