Job Title: IT Support Engineer – User Support, Desktop Support, 2nd Line, Technical Support
Employer: Precise Placements
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: f9ea6dc3-b942-4a4a-9326-b50556f9e76d
IT Support Engineer – User Support, Desktop Support, 2nd Line, Technical Support
Our leading global law firm are looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer (User Support, Desktop Support, 2nd Line, Technical Support) on a permanent basis to build a strong relationship with the Partners, Associates and Business Services personnel based in Dublin.
In providing this support the IT Support Engineer will work collaboratively with, and be able to call upon the resources of, the various wider IT functions including Infrastructure, InfoSec, Desktop Team, Applications, and others. These wider IT functions are based in London and other European locations. A key part of the role will be to maintain a first-class service, providing technical support, and fostering effective communication among the global IT teams.
The key responsibilities for this IT Support Engineer (User Support, Desktop Support, 2nd Line, Technical Support) are:
- User Support: Provide efficient and effective IT support to all of the users in the Dublin office, addressing hardware and software issues promptly.
- Collaborative Approach: Work closely with global IT functions, including Infrastructure, InfoSec, Desktop Team, and Applications, to ensure alignment with global IT strategies and standards.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Diagnose and resolve technical issues related to desktops, laptops, software applications, and peripherals in collaboration with relevant IT teams.
- Infrastructure Maintenance: Collaborate with the Infrastructure team to ensure the stability and security of the IT infrastructure in the Dublin office.
- Security Compliance: Work with the InfoSec team to ensure that all IT systems and processes comply with security policies and regulations.
- Application Support: Collaborate with the Applications team to support and troubleshoot software applications used by the Dublin office.
- Desktop Management: Coordinate with the Desktop Team to manage and maintain desktop/laptop configurations, deployments, and updates.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of IT assets, configurations, and support requests. Contribute to the development and updating of IT documentation and procedures.
- Training and Guidance: Provide training and guidance to end-users on IT best practices, collaborating with relevant teams to address specific training needs.
- Collaboration with Vendors: Work with external vendors when necessary, coordinating with relevant global IT functions to resolve issues and implement solutions. Legaltech: Stay informed and up to date on Legaltech initiatives within the firm and the broader Legaltech landscape, act as a knowledgeable resource for users, keeping them informed about new technologies available in the legal sector and participate and be an active member of the LegalTech Focus Group. Collaborate closely with the LegalTech team to support trials of new products and technologies.
To be considered for this IT Support Engineer (User Support, Desktop Support, 2nd Line, Technical Support) you must match this criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience as an IT Support Engineer or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of desktop operating systems, hardware, and software applications.
- Experience with ITIL framework is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and business partnership skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), or equivalent are desirable.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this IT Support Engineer – User Support, Desktop Support, 2nd Line, Technical Support job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this IT Support Engineer – User Support, Desktop Support, 2nd Line, Technical Support job vacancy in Dublin with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this IT Support Engineer – User Support, Desktop Support, 2nd Line, Technical Support job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.