Overview: IT Supplier Relationship Owner job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Metro Bank
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Are you experienced in managing key supplier relationships where annual spend is in the tens of millions? Do you have a background working in a finance or technology space where you have been involved in delivering against short/ medium and long term strategic initiatives? If you have answered yes to these questions then we may have the role for you.
As the IT supplier Relationship Owner you will be responsible for supporting the Lead Peformance & Measurement Manager and IT SLT members in the day to day management of key supplier relationships e.g. Rackspace, Microsoft, Bottomline etc – ensuring efficient invoice management, adherence to budget, accurate forecasting and adequate service levels from suppliers (or taking corrective action where necessary)
Most of our jobs offer the opportunity for hybrid / remote working. Ask your recruiter for more details.
So what would you be doing?…
• Trusted partner for contract negotiation/RFI/RFP to ensure adequate service levels, value for money, budget adherence
• Oversight of non-prod Environment Infrastructure budget as well as key supplier budget line in production
• Responsible for cost/growth driver analysis across key suppliers as well as identification of post implementation costs
• Continuous improvement – identification of opportunities for optimization across the Rackspace estate and other key suppliers
• Responsible for validating PROD and NON PROD infrastructure invoices in line with budget and operational expectations (including credit notes where SLAs not being met)
• Infrastructure demand management – owns storage capacity forecasting based on business requirements from the Change & Run organisations
• IT lead for new purchase discussion with key suppliers (e.g. Rackspace)
• Manage monthly supplier service review (e.g. ensuring SLAs are achieved in line with contractual obligations)
• Raise infrastructure risks in line with Metro risk framework; working closely with IT risk partner and Operations teams
• Key technology supplier roadmaps e.g. Rackspace hardware lifecycle management
• IT lead for annual budgeting process and any benchmarking activities on key suppliers e.g. Rackspace; working alongside Procurement and Finance
• Any other task that reasonably falls within this roles remit
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Experience managing key supplier relationships where annual spend is in the tens of millions
• Extensive knowledge of data centre operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing. Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Microsoft Server and Client operating systems and infrastructure applications, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Cisco and Juniper Networking, VMware, EMC a SANs
• Highly organized, structured multi-tasking ability with excellent written and spoken communication
• A bias for action as well as an ability to deal with ambiguity and work autonomously in a high pressure environment
• Experience of financial services and technology organizations
• Advanced Excel and intermediate use of other MS Office products
• Understanding of how supplier costs are accounted for and their impact on the Bank’s bottom line
• Sound knowledge of the finance/ banking industry
This role is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime. This means that If you are successful in your application, we are required to carry out additional checks that will be repeated annually while you are in this role. For more information you can visit the FCA website or ask your recruiter who can explain further.
IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE; Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this IT Supplier Relationship Owner job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this IT Supplier Relationship Owner job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this IT Supplier Relationship Owner job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.