Real Technical Solutions
To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: IT Security Operations Centre Engineer / SOC Engineer
Employer: Real Technical Solutions
Location: Sussex, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 4fd96729-2c32-486d-ad51-c65cd405e7d9
IT Security Operations Engineer/Specialist – Worthing/WFH/Hybrid £50,000 – £55,000 plus excellent benefits, bonus and career opportunities/Based Worthing, West Sussex with WFH opportunities, 1 or 2 days per week in the officeMy client, a leading, technology strong, professional services company, are currently seeking a highly skilled IT Security Operations Specialist to join their team. This position plays a pivotal role in securing our IT infrastructure, safeguarding our critical systems, and working with external SOC teams to ensure the uninterrupted delivery of essential services.
- This role will perform Security Operational duties responsible for incident response and vulnerability management and other core capabilities.
- Responding immediately to security threats across their networks, using cutting edge technology to prevent, detect and analyse security incidents.
- This role will administer these capabilities by installing and maintaining infrastructure tools and related system software.
- You will be continuously improving application, system, and data security by proactively analysing, monitoring, and resolving related suspicious activity or behaviour and security incidents.
Responsibilities for the IT Security Operations Engineer/Specialist position:
- Vulnerability Management: Utilise Qualys and Tenable to identify, assess, and remediate vulnerabilities specific to our IT infrastructure and operational technology systems, ensuring their integrity and availability.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): Employ Sentinel and Log Rhythm to monitor and analyse security events, ensuring timely detection and response to threats within our critical environments.
- Endpoint Security: Manage and monitor security with Defender and Trend Apex One to safeguard endpoint devices, maintaining the security of our IT infrastructure.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): Implement Forcepoint Proxy, Varonis, and Microsoft E5 compliance tools to protect sensitive data and ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Incident Response: Collaborate with an external SOC team to respond to security incidents and service requests promptly, ensuring the resilience of our operational technology and IT systems.
- Internet Filtering: Maintain and monitor the Forcepoint Proxy Internet filtering system to ensure safe and secure Internet access.
- Service Request Handling: Address and fulfil service requests efficiently, minimizing disruptions to our essential services and adhering to SLAs, using ServiceNow.
- Monitoring and Analysis: Continuously monitor security alerts, logs, and reports, conducting in-depth analysis to identify anomalies, threats, and potential vulnerabilities that could impact IT operations.
- Threat Detection: Recognize and evaluate emerging threats and vulnerabilities, providing recommendations for mitigation, securing our critical systems and data.
IT Security Operations Engineer/Specialist – Worthing/WFH/Hybrid
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this IT Security Operations Centre Engineer / SOC Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this IT Security Operations Centre Engineer / SOC Engineer job vacancy in Sussex with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this IT Security Operations Centre Engineer / SOC Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.