Department of Work & Pensions
To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: IT Problem Manager
Employer: Department of Work & Pensions
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220600457
IT Problem Manager: Pay up to 36,545 plus 27.1% employer pension contributions, hybrid home working, flexible hours, and great work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for an IT Problem Manager to join our thriving ITSM community in DWP Digital.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. Over 100,000 colleagues and agents help people into work and make payments worth over 195bn a year, to support millions of daily users.
You’ll be part of a team delivering real value to our DWP colleagues and citizens, keeping the lights on for DWP’s live services so we can deliver for our users.
The scale of what we do is outstanding, and our purpose is unique. We’d love you to join us.
Dealing With Problems
As our new IT Problem Manager, you will drive the reduction of open problem tickets.
You will be part of the Live Support team supporting business critical systems used by Counter Fraud Compliance & Debt (CFCD). We are currently the largest business directorate impacting the DWP Live estate across all service lines and around 9,000 colleagues.
You will identify, categorise and prioritise problems. You have the knowledge to diagnose problems and find the right resolution.
You’ll cover problem and error control, and ensure evaluation, review and reporting of problems to minimise future incidents.
You’ll work closely with people across DWP Digital to:
- Ensure Problem fixes are included in regular release schedules.
- Avoid costly incidents, prioritising Problems based on impact and cost.
- Find and learn from underlying root cause analysis.
- Promote continuous service improvement, and encourage an open environment where problems are shared.
- Share your knowledge and expertise and encourage standard processes and procedures.
We are looking for people who have skills in:
- IT Service Management including Problem Management.
- Identifying and solving problems.
- Responding with appropriate fixes or workarounds that prevent further incidents
- Finding the root cause of a problem and the most appropriate and economical problem solution.
- Recording and prioritising problems to fix them fast
- Monitoring and maintaining Problem (and Error) Records, to track status and prioritise the right corrective measures.
- Developing Service Management processes to ensure relevant stakeholders are informed of outstanding Problems, their processing-status and existing workarounds.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, or Manchester.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model with a mix of home working and sometime in the office.
In return for your skills, we offer competitive pay of up to 36,545.
You’ll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.1%, worth over 9,000 a year.
You’ll get a generous leave package starting at 24 days, rising to 26 days after 1 year, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I Can Be Me in DWP’
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Click ‘Apply’ for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this IT Problem Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this IT Problem Manager job vacancy in Manchester with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this IT Problem Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.