Overview: IT Manager job vacancy in Lancashire recruiting now
Ref: JS-JN -022022-5273298
Employer: Michael Page Technology
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
The IT Manager will take responsibility for Service Desk, as well as being able to help shape processes within IT. You will be reporting directly in the Director of IT, and be working closely with them.
Michael Page are delighted to be partnered with a fantastic manufacturing client.
- Critically review, monitor, and troubleshoot working practices to improve the timeliness and cost effectiveness of processes
- Promote communication within the wider business and the team
- Drive and correct behaviour within the team
- Manage all reported issues, ensuring that they are resolved to the end user’s satisfaction, with escalation procedures implemented where necessary.
- Continually endeavour to reduce response times, monitoring issues to meet SLAs
- Make best use of the Service Desk system, updating and adapting as requirements change.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc management reports.
- Purchase and manage IT equipment for the organisation
- Manage and coordinate members of the Service Desk team, including training where necessary.
- Maintain documentation for processes including Incidents, Problem, Service Request, Change and Asset management.
- Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Deliver assistance on IT related Projects within the wider IT team
- Develop relationships with key management leaders and provide ongoing reporting on IT Business Services to key stakeholders
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors, resellers and support teams as required to develop relationships and maintain the existing IT Business Services
- Ensure that an adequate quantity of documentation is in place and that is it up to date such that, in the event of absence, other staff can resolve common IT issues
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of Incident Management, Problem Management and Service Request Management ITIL processes
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in the installation, configuration and maintenance of key Microsoft technologies including Windows Desktop operating systems, Windows Server, Active Directory and Office 365 components
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency with tools for the centralised management, deployment and security controls for devices, software and other IT systems
- Knowledge and proficiency with IT service management software
- Knowledge and proficiency with backup and recovery requirements for IT systems
- MDM (preferably Microsoft Intune)
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this IT Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this IT Manager job vacancy in Lancashire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this IT Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.