Job Title: IT – Enterprise Architect
Employer: Arbuthnot Latham
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 10826_46475a102fe4e95063b5c268254cad1c
- The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for designing and implementing the strategic technology vision for the Bank. This role requires a strong combination of technical expertise, leadership skills, and the ability to align technology solutions with business goals. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of architecting and delivering complex, scalable, and secure IT solutions.
- As the Enterprise Architect, you will play a vital role in shaping and implementing our bank’s technology strategy to align with business objectives, foster innovation, and drive digital transformation. You will work closely with various stakeholders, including IT leaders, business executives, and technology teams, to design and optimise our enterprise-wide IT architecture. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring that our technology solutions align with our business go als and support our long-term growth and innovation.
- Where applicable, to place the interests of customers at the centre of all activities, act in a way that is consistent with achieving good outcomes for consumers; and to comply with the FCA and PRA’s Conduct Rules.
- Design, develop, and maintain the enterprise architecture blueprint, ensuring alignment with business objectives, IT strategy, and overall organisational goals.
- Technology Roadmap: Collaborate with business and IT leaders to create and implement a technology roadmap that supports digital transformation initiatives, innovation, and business expansion. Be able to influence Business Strategy and understand the business needs for relevant solutions and recommend suitable solution options. Ensure that the business solution aligns with the vision, mission, objectives, strategy and the business and user need and can identify and recognise a viable solution or control.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and guidance to development teams, ensuring that solutions adhere to the enterprise architecture standards and best practices. Mentor and guide a team of IT professionals to foster a culture of innovation and excellence. Establish and enforce best practices in architecture, design, and development. Provide thought leadership and act as a subject matter expert on enterprise architecture matters.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs and challenges and translate them into effective IT solutions. Foster collaboration and communication between different departments to ensure seamless integration of systems and processes.
- Governance and Compliance: Establish and enforce architecture governance processes. Ensure that solutions comply with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and internal policies.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and maintain the organisation’s enterprise architecture strategy and roadmap. Collaborate with senior management to align technology initiatives with business goals. Evaluate emerging technologies and industry trends to ensure bank remains at the cutting edge of technology.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate architectural and security risks in technology solutions. Develop and enforce policies and standards to maintain the security and integrity of the IT environment. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Solution Design: Lead the design of scalable, reliable, and secure IT solutions. Ensure that technology solutions are aligned with the organisation’s architectural standards and principles. Collaborate with project teams to provide architecture guidance and ensure successful project delivery. Be familiar with modern microservice architectures and able to design solutions which use these to deliver solutions which meet user needs.
- Responsible for managing risks inherent to the role by diligently observing internal policies and procedures.
- Business Transformation and Systems Development Director
- Technical teams
- Director, Transformation Enablement
- Heads of IT Platforms
- Head of IT Infrastructure and Operations
- Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g., TOGAF, Zachman) and architectural design principles.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, Ability to interface with executive leadership teams and communicate value.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced, evolving environment and utilises an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
- Ability to think strategically and drive innovation.
- Strong stakeholder management in a regulated environment.
- Ability to lead technology transformations, application decommissioning and migration, as well as enterprise framework development.
- Prior experience in an Enterprise Architecture position and demonstrable working knowledge of technology strategy, principles and best practices, as well as infrastructure, security architecture and design governance.
- Experience with Cloud-native services & applications (Preferably MS Azure).
- Familiarity with cybersecurity best practices and principles.
- Proficiency in cloud computing, containerization, and microservices architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise IT technologies, applications, and systems.
- Strong understanding of software design principles and best practices.
- Proven experience in enterprise architecture within banking and financial services.
- Togaf Integrating Risk and Security Certification (desirable)
Life, Work and Benefits
Arbuthnot Latham is committed to equal-opportunities for all staff and candidates. We embrace inclusion & diversity and understand why they are critical for the success of our business and people.
- Competitive salary, pension & holiday allowance
- BUPA Health cover
- 4x Life Assurance
- Discretionary bonus
- Market leading maternity/paternity and menopause policies
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this IT – Enterprise Architect job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this IT – Enterprise Architect job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this IT – Enterprise Architect job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.