Job Title: IT Engineer / Database Administrator
Employer: H Tempest
Location: Cornwall, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220621423
IT Engineer / Database Administrator
Location: Lelant, Cornwall, TR26 3HU
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
H Tempest Ltd is the nation s largest school photography company with over 500 employees.
Our Head Office and Laboratory is based in St Ives, Cornwall and our Photographers are resident throughout the UK.
We take photographs of children at playgroups and nurseries, primary and secondary schools and graduates at universities and colleges as well as the Armed Forces and Corporate Photography.
We are seeking a talented IT Engineer to join our team who has a strong background with Microsoft s Technology Stack, in particular SQL Server and Power BI.
You ll play a crucial role in maintaining and optimizing our database systems, in addition to writing and maintaining reports in a variety of platforms, including Power BI and Crystal Reports.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the IT team and play a key part in the maintenance and support of the IT & Telecommunications environments, proactive monitoring of systems and assist with new projects and implementations.
- Design, develop, and maintain Microsoft SQL databases on various platforms, to ensure optimal performance and data integrity, as well as troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues in a timely manner.
- Utilize reporting tools such as Power BI and Crystal Reports to create insightful and visually appealing reports that meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data needs and provide technical solutions.
- Leverage cloud technologies for database deployment, management, and optimization.
- Perform routine database maintenance tasks, including backups, indexing, and query optimization.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to continually enhance database and reporting capabilities.
- Significant experience working in a complex IT environment.
- High level of technical knowledge spanning server, storage, and Active Directory.
- High level of technical knowledge on database design and proficiency in writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create and customize reports within Power BI and Crystal Reports.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of Cloud solutions, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision, managing and support others to do the same.
- Network+ / MSCE or similar certification.
- Demonstrated experience with other database systems such as MySQL.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux operating systems.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
If you are passionate about database management, report generation, and enjoy tackling complex IT challenges, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us in shaping the future of our IT infrastructure, and make a meaningful impact on our organization.
If you are excited about the role, we d love to hear from! Click on APPLY today and send us a copy of your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
We can t wait to see it! Deadline for applications 18th December.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this IT Engineer / Database Administrator job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this IT Engineer / Database Administrator job vacancy in Cornwall with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this IT Engineer / Database Administrator job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.