Job Title: IT Business Partner
Employer: ConvaTec Inc.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 10826_63f40293d38bc116e0e729d9553dd706
Pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch: Convatec is a global medical products and technologies company, focused on solutions for the management of chronic conditions, with leading positions in advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence care, and infusion care. With around 10,000 colleagues, we provide our products and services in almost 100 countries, united by a promise to be forever caring. Our solutions provide a range of benefits, from infection prevention and protection of at-risk skin, to improved patient outcomes and reduced care costs. Group revenues in 2022 were over $2 billion. The company is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index (LSE:CTEC). To learn more about Convatec, please visit
At Convatec, we’re transforming our business for the better. Better products. Better ways of working. And better ways of delivering for our customers and each other. We’re aiming for nothing short of excellence. Join us on our journey to as an IT Business Partner, and you’ll do the same.
The Business Partner is the conduit between Customer Digital Solutions (CDS) and various business areas i.e. Global Business Units (GBUs), Centres of Excellence (CoE- Sales & Marketing), Customer Interaction Centre (CIC) teams. Working with the GBUs and all regional markets they identify commercial opportunities and risks and help refine the requirements and priorities into solutions. They work with the Business areas , Enterprise Architects and Business Analysts to produce initial scale, scope and costs to facilitate senior decision making for proposed projects, and support Product Portfolio Director to optimise existing products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across commercial business areas and have shared understanding of their business strategy, objectives and challenges
- Actively supporting Business Units in demand management, translating technology requirements, offering continuous improvement insights
- Act as a champion and enabler of technology within the business
- Supports the communication of the CDS roadmap to the GBUs and CoEs
- Provide senior level consultancy and guidance to the GBUs and CoEs, helping to shape and prioritize IT requirements
- Determine whether business needs can be met by adopting and optimising existing products
- When existing products cannot meet the business need, engage the Enterprise Architects and Business Analysts to identify potential solutions and produce indicative scale, scope and costs
- Set parameters so proposed solutions deliver high value and tangible business benefits
- Present the case to secure seed funding to develop solution concepts
- Business Partners keep the Business Units informed about overall IT performance, including SLA, KPI and updates on Return on Investment for each initiative.
- Communicate the Senior Digital Team’s decision and rationale on Business Cases to the Business Sponsor. Key point of contact for escalations
- Assign approved projects to the relevant owners within CDS and agree communication process and ways of working.
Monitor emerging technology and assess digital solutions to improve business processes, drive business value creation and realisation
- Excellent communication skills- English
- Worked with key business stakeholders in Commercial areas i.e. Sales, Marketing and Customer Interactive Centres.
- Outstanding customer relationship management skills including the ability to challenge business requests to validate their purpose and optimize their chances of approval
- The ability to communicate and illuminate business requirements to technical and specialist teams to facilitate “bullseye solutions”
- The ability to work independently, prioritize and manage workloads and time
- The ability to collaborate and influence across the GBUs, CoEs and the Customer Digital Solutions team
- A clear understanding of delivery framework -project process from initiation through to delivery
- An understanding of the use and purpose of current products and solutions being used by the relevant GBUs and CoEs
- Experience in capturing salient business requirements and creating successful and compelling business cases, including indicative measurement metrics and KPIs
- Ability to present complex data and analysis to senior management
- Experience in first contact contract negotiations with external vendors
Good to have
- Worked in a medical regulated environment or similar industry
- Understanding of compliance standards – GxP, CSV, IT QA, Security and Privacy, Regulatory etc.
- Worked with commercial teams
- Good understanding of Digital platforms and products
- Understanding of business processes, strategies, and data in the areas of Commercial, Design, Clinical & Medical Affairs, Labs, Mechatronics, SaMD/SiMD, R&D, Customer digital solutions (CDS), and Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
Our products make a big difference every day. So will your contribution. The work you do will mean more, because it’ll make things better for your team, our business or our customers’ lives. It’ll inspire you to deliver to your very best. And we’ll be right behind you when you do.
This is a challenge more worthwhile.
This is work that’ll move you.
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent Convatec
A formal recruitment process is required for all our opportunities prior to any offer of employment. This will include an interview confirmed by an official Convatec email address.
If you receive a suspicious approach over social media, text message, email or phone call about recruitment at Convatec, do not disclose any personal information or pay any fees whatsoever. If you’re unsure, please contact us at .
Convatec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives
Convatec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Convatec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Convatec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Already a Convatec employee?
If you are an active employee at Convatec, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View “Convatec Internal Career Site – Find Jobs”. Thank you!
Convatec is changing. We’re transforming our business, fueled by a fierce determination to improve the lives of millions more customers around the world.
Our shared focus, and the sheer drive of our people, are giving us real momentum. They’re also making us a uniquely invigorating place to work. Join us and, whatever your role, you’ll be pushed and challenged every day. You’ll be supported too, empowered to spark and drive change where it matters most.
We have a uniquely dynamic, sometimes demanding environment. But if you’re motivated, and as focused on delivering for patients as we are, it’ll bring the very best out in you. You’ll never stand still. And you might just make the biggest impact of your entire career.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this IT Business Partner job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this IT Business Partner job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this IT Business Partner job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.