Overview: Information Management Compliance Assistant job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: HOUSE OF COMMONS-3
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
IHSE delivers capital investment in the Parliamentary Estate, a task that has become increasingly challenging. Not only do many of our most recognisable buildings require ever-more significant work to keep them in operation, but we also must prepare additional decant accommodation to enable longer term plans. We are preparing for Restoration and Renewal (R&R) of the Palace of Westminster, and also have projects around the rest of the Estate.
Estates Information Management (EIM) oversees Information Management, Digital Asset Management, and Information Security, and supports IHSE compliance and adherence with industry standards and Parliamentary best practice.
The IM Compliance Assistant will work with relevant teams to ensure that corporate compliance policies and procedures are adhered to and that IHSE follows government regulations. The IM Compliance Assistant will assist in developing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting corporate compliance programmes. This might include the coordination and review of existing policies and procedures, adherence to regulatory reporting guidelines and filing deadlines, conducting compliance audits, and facilitating remediations of audit findings by training IHSE staff to make course corrections and prevent future violations.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating IHSE Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) where required on all upgrades and changes to our IT Systems and Applications and processes
- Co-ordinating IHSE’s activities in response to Subject Access Requests (SAR’s) received about the processing of personal information and liaising with central teams on Parliament’s formal response
- Identifying where contractual agreements with suppliers and other third parties processing personal data on behalf of IHSE are required and liaising with central teams to ensure compliant contracts are put in place
- Working with central teams to establish appropriate technical and organisational security measures for storing personal data within IHSE
- Working with central teams to respond appropriately and correctly handle an information breach
- Deliver a programme aimed at increasing awareness of compliance with privacy laws and foster a data protection culture within IHSE
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:’
Criterion 1 – Skills and Experience
- Experience and in-depth understanding of data privacy legislation.
- Experience in a similar type of role in a multinational business and dealing with DPAs, governments and industry bodies, ideally in a situation where personal data is transferred outside the UK.
Criterion 2 – Planning & Organising
- Plans and coordinators ideas and resources to achieve goals
- Identifies the sequence of a task and resources needed to achieve a goal and prioritises key action steps. Anticipates the impacts and risks of decisions and actions
Criterion 3 – Assessing and Interpreting Risks
- Experience of managing data incidents and breaches, and a good understanding of the data processing operations carried out, as well as the information systems, and data security and data protection needs of the controller.
- Ability to make good judgements regarding data privacy risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
Further details can be found on the attached House of Commons Benefits and support document
- CV & Supporting Statement – If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and 500-word cover letter.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the Job Description.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Information Management Compliance Assistant job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Information Management Compliance Assistant job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Information Management Compliance Assistant job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.