Identity and Access Management Lead
Parliamentary Digital Service
£55,870 – £67,643 (inc. £5,000 MSA)
Hybrid (Westminster and Remote)
Security Check (SC)
Bring your expertise in identity and access management to the heart of parliament, where you’ll help us provide secure access to critical services. As our technical subject matter expert, you will take the lead in defining and delivering a vision for Identity and Access Management products and services deployed in the UK. Working across a range of digital projects and programmes, you’ll provide expert technical direction and advice. From achieving an excellent user experience to automating early warning systems, we’ll look to you to embed security into service design. Meanwhile, to enable you to keep pace with new developments in technology and emerging threats, we allocate time for research, knowledge sharing and reflection. You can expect to:
- maintain standards of excellence across all areas of delivery, including user experience, accessibility, reliability and performance
- manage and prioritise the flow of work in Identity and Access Management, and act as the key point of contact during major incidents
- optimise the use of monitoring and analytics tools
- have input into architecture, roadmap and standards for Identity and Access Management
What You Need
We’re looking for an experienced professional capable of combining a strategic focus on the wider enterprise with methodical attention to technical detail. To thrive in this challenging and fast-paced environment, you will need:
- sound experience in successfully designing, implementing and supporting identity and access management solutions
- specific knowledge and experience of PKI infrastructure and certificate management utilising HSMs; Azure Active Directory including features such as PIM and Conditional Access; ADFS Management / Azure MF Authentication /AAD Connect; Securing of Active Directory both on-premises and Cloud; and Azure B2B & B2C
- outstanding planning and organisational skills, and experience of defining and reporting progress against targets
- excellent written and spoken communication skills
- a strong sense of customer service
- the ability to pass security clearance, backed by the right to work in the UK
About The Team
The Identity and Access Management team sits within the wider Platforms team. We are a small team, dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to our customers including (Lords/Members and Parliaments supporting admin staff).
UK Parliament is steeped in history and tradition. It is an important part of UK life and we need to ensure as many people as possible can engage with its work. This is why we are at the start of a huge transformation programme powered by technology. The Parliamentary Digital Service (PDS) works with the Houses of Commons and the House of Lords with all their IT and digital needs.
Please refer to our Candidate Information Pack for a full list of our benefits which include:
- up to 35 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- generous maternity pay policy up to 6 months full pay
- great pension scheme options (contributory and non-contributory)
- on-site subsidised gym, nursery, catering, post office, travel office and GP
- flexible options including hybrid working and family friendly policies
How To Apply
Please make sure you’re clear on the requirements of the role. These can be found in the Job Description and Candidate Information Pack. You will need to upload a CV and show how you meet up to the first five criterion. Our application process is anonymous, so please remove any personal information from your CV.
Apply By: 10th July 2022 at 23:55
Interviews: W/C Monday 25th July 2022
Format: Panel Interview (Remote)
For our people, we provide an amazing opportunity to bring their talents to an institution that sits right at the heart of society in the UK. We are helping to change UK Parliament and strengthen democracy. What matters here is your potential for growth and your commitment to playing your part in our ongoing success.
We are passionate about providing an environment which promotes inclusion, diversity and equality. Regardless of your age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs or any of the other things that make you, you. We welcome applications from people who feel under-represented in the workforce. This includes those who may feel disadvantaged because of their socioeconomic circumstances.