Job Title: Head of Sales
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 10826_0fda15d639eead819bc93c0dbc874dbb
Head of Sales
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Alex Lempka
Description About the Role The Head of Sales position at Connect Earth presents an opportunity to work in a dynamic, early-stage venture in one of the hottest industries: ClimateTech.
We sell APIs to banks and neobanks that convert spend-based transaction data into carbon footprint estimates at scale, for both retail and commercial banking use-cases.
On our continuous road to nailing down our winning use cases, we are looking for a Head of Sales that can support the executive team on achieving revenue targets consistently by implementing a winning Sales strategy, managing and eventually building the Sales team, supporting the company’s market expansion, and collaborating across all functions to find new revenue opportunities in a competitive market.
Caveat: this role is not a traditional Head of Sales role. It requires an agile, entrepreneurial mindset to understand 1) which propositions are most effective in our positioning towards clients, 2) how we should segment our target customers, and 3) finding new “bets” to achieve our revenue targets faster.
Individuals that will excel in this role will typically have had experience scaling Sales teams from seed stage onwards, finding product market fit, being a first senior Sales hire in a pre-seed or seed business, and / or potentially even building a venture of their own.
Individuals that will not fit into this role will purely have Enterprise Sales experience selling “validated” products that can be sold out of the box. This role requires agility like no other, being entrepreneurial on the spot if required to find new revenue opportunities.
You will take on new responsibilities and will have the opportunity to get involved in more parts of the business as we grow. You will also benefit from a competitive equity package.
Location: London or within 90 minutes commute of London Work type: Hybrid. Coming to the office 1x / week is highly encouraged and favoured.
- Sales Leadership:
- Develop and implement a robust sales strategy to achieve revenue targets and market penetration within the commercial and retail banking sector
- Work closely with the CEO to develop a strategy to hit revenue targets ahead of our next funding round.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performance sales team, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence.
- Market Expansion:
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, partnerships, and channels to expand our presence in the financial industry.
- Stay abreast of market trends, competitor activities, and regulatory changes to inform sales strategies.
- Client Relationship Management:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers in banks, neobanks and other financial institutions where relevant.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and retention by addressing client needs and concerns proactively.
- Work closely with the CEO to work towards our revenue target and adjust where required.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product development and marketing, to align sales efforts with overall company objectives.
- Provide valuable insights and feedback to enhance product offerings and market positioning.
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Implement and monitor sales KPIs to track performance and provide regular reports to the executive team and the board.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven experience selling SaaS into banks and / or other financial institutions globally.
- Experience scaling Sales teams within an early-stage company, preferably pre-Series A.
- Experience using Hubspot and Cognism.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
- Strategic thinking with a results-oriented mindset.
- Preferably familiarity with ESG regulations in the financial sector.
Benefits At Connect Earth, we put our team culture at the forefront of everything we do. Even though we are a remote team, we have at least one quarterly team offsite, where we meet somewhere in the middle that works for everyone. We also give you the option to make use of a coworking pass if you work remotely and have methods in place internally to keep you connected to all of your colleagues.
Connect Earth is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Our benefits are subject to variations in line with company requirements but we currently offer:
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday in addition to all Bank Holidays
- Quarterly offsite trips
- A yearly L&D budget for every employee
- Discount and Rewards Platforms
- Remote working
- A Blinkist Subscription
- Plus all of the Equipment you need to get set up properly.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Head of Sales job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Head of Sales job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Head of Sales job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.