Overview: Head of Quality and Regulatory job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: DivalentineCalver Recruitment Ltd
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Our client is one of the world’s largest distributors of functional ingredients and a provider of integrated solutions such as Nutrient Premixes. They are seeking a Head of Quality and Regulatory Operations for their HQ in London, although this is a hybrid role. The position will be responsible for the Regulatory and Quality team and will report directly to the Director of Operations. Working with other members of the Management team to define and implement the regulatory strategy for the UK, EU and other territories. Ensuring compliance and safe guarding the business to support the growth. As part of this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring and improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Food Safety Management System (FSMS). The role is critical to delivering compliance to the certification scheme and Regulatory Standards and Customers expectations. The Key Responsibilities will be:
- Define the Regulatory Strategy for the Company and it Entities.
- Provide Leadership and guidance to the business on regulatory matters for food, feed and personal care activities in the EU, UK and Non-European markets where the Company operates.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory developments and updating the Regulatory Strategy accordingly
- Leading discussions and communication with Notified Bodies, competent authorities and consultants on all regulatory matters and participate with company compliance initiatives.
- Engaging with and Supporting the Commercial/Product Management & Marketing functions in planning and review of regulatory documentation
- Assistance in writing key reports and undertaking gap analysis to identify risks, opportunities and missing documentation
- The role will cover a wide range of topics including Allergens, REACH, Novel Foods, Packaging Food Contact Materials, Food Law and Labelling, Feed Law and Labelling Residues and Contaminants, Natural and Botanical Ingredients etc.
- Manage Regulatory Department:
- Determining objectives and training needs for the Regulatory department employees
- Direct Line Reports -1
- Ensure that HACCP/TACCP/VACCP plans are established and maintained through the appropriate teams and processes
- Coordinate and lead customer and certification audits for the site
- Review existing policies and planning how to improve QMS and FSMS
- Make sure that policies and procedures meet national and international quality standards
- Ensure that all suppliers meet the quality & safety requirements of the company. Sign off processors and warehouse approvals.
- Provide team leadership and advice on escalated core matters such as non-conformances, queries, KAM issues, questionnaires etc.
Provide support and advice in relation to recalls, crisis and other non-standard events for the site
- Manage th Quality Department:
- Determining objectives and training needs for the Quality department employees
- Identify resources needs & structure changes in the team to support the execution of the QMS and FSMS
- Managing the Quality Inbox and task allocation within the team
- Conduct regular update meetings such as bi-weekly quality meetings
- Plan the training and induction of new team members
- Active leader in CI programs:
- Issue monthly summaries of quality KPI s and issues.
- Measure performance against in-house and external standards – promote internal audit program
- Keeps management team (OMT/SLT/compliance committee) aware and updated on significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities (including audits) and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Participate to OMT meetings
- Support Management review process for the distribution business
- Promote corrective and preventative measures towards continuous improvement for the site
- Direct Line Reports -4
BSc or MSc in a Science background – preferably Food Science and have the ability to travel when required. A minimum of 5-10 years experience within Regulatory Affairs/Quality within Food or Feed and a minimum of 5-10 years with Quality related experience. You will also be self motivated and flexible and be able to adapt to changes in circumstances, difficult and challenging situations.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Head of Quality and Regulatory job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Head of Quality and Regulatory job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Head of Quality and Regulatory job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.