Overview: Head of Quality and Inspections job vacancy in Nottinghamshire recruiting now
Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Note – this role can be based from any of our 7 prep centers with extensive travel to all sites
Reporting to the UK Vehicle Preparation Director you will be responsible for ensuring Cazoo s vehicle recondition and production meet our quality standard across our 7 vehicle preparation centres, ensuring Cazoo deliver the highest quality used cars in the UK.
Leading the Cazoo Quality Control team, you will ensure that the Cazoo 300 point inspection and end to end vehicle reconditioning processes are consistently adhered to across all preparation sites and that cars are delivered to Cazoo customers in the condition promised on the Cazoo website.
You ll work in partnership with our vehicle reconditioning teams to consistently improve processes, increase team efficiency, optimise costs and improve team performance. You will utilise customer feedback, preparation audit data & insight and post delivery issue analysis to continuously improve and optimise our vehicle reconditioning standard to deliver a 5 customer experience whilst meeting GPU targets.
What you ll be doing:
- Lead the Cazoo UK quality team across a 7 day shift pattern
- Continuously improve and optimise the Cazoo vehicle quality standard, reducing the number of post delivery customer complaints
- Ensure consistent adherence to the Cazoo vehicle reconditioning standard across our 7 production sites
- Improve, Monitor and Report on internal QC fails and audits
- Analyse production audit data & trends as well as post delivery issue data to optimise all stages of our vehicle reconditioning process from vehicle intake, inspection, reconditioning and imaging
- Work in partnership with our production teams to ensure we adopt the latest best practices in vehicle inspection, repair, reconditioning processes, materials and equipment across all elements of cosmetic and mechanical vehicle reconditioning
- Optimise production & quality team efficiency, performance and throughput whilst ensuring consistent adherence to the Cazoo vehicle reconditioning standard
- Reduce the number of post delivery issues associated with vehicle quality
- Continually seek out new and additional products, systems and processes with a view to optimise reconditioning costs and meet GPU targets whilst maintaining vehicle quality
- Work in partnership with our Customer Experience and Customer Support teams to ensure vehicle quality issues are identified and addressed quickly to minimise customer impact
- Ensure full compliance and enforcement of company health and safety policy within the Quality team
- Build team engagement, performance and secure low levels of employee attrition
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience in managing vehicle reconditioning quality in a scaled automotive retail environment
- Proven P&L management experience with a demonstrable background in exceeding expectations.
- Proven leadership capability with track record of building and retaining highly engaged, high performance teams
- Data driven with the ability to use both quantitative and qualitative insight to develop and optimise vehicle reconditioning processes and strategy
- Knowledge of the latest motor industry best practices.
- Strong technical and product knowledge with a proven track record.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to lead across both production site and office based teams
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, ambiguous environments and proactively problem solve with imperfect information
- Willingness to travel and work from multiple locations across our portfolio of vehicle reconditioning facilities, London HQ and Southampton Customer Centre
Our values are the heart of our company. We are:
- Customer obsessed – We put the customer first in everything we do. Every interaction matters. We want to be famous for delivering the best experience and wowing our customers.
- Data driven – Data is part of our DNA and drives all decision making. We are informed and results-focused. We seek insights and understanding that will help us improve and grow.
- Fast drivers – We have an entrepreneurial passion for working at speed. We like to accelerate and don t hang around. We make decisions and drive fast towards our goals.
- Team players – We are better as a team than as individuals. Everyone counts. We re inclusive, supportive and respectful and are here to have fun and win together on this journey
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone with our recruitment team, followed by face to face interviews, where you ll have a chance to meet some of the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience, personality and potential, not making you sweat or catching you out. You must have the right to work in the UK, or a valid work permit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Head of Quality and Inspections job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Head of Quality and Inspections job vacancy in Nottinghamshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Head of Quality and Inspections job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.