Job Title: Head of Analytics
Employer: IPG Mediabrands
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 10826_a06942b1e9106886dfde7d5447837370
UM is a media agency designed to Futureproof our clients’ businesses for the now and the next. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections – all rooted in culture.
We believe in purposeful growth, and our Better World Media philosophy puts diversity, equity and sustainability at the heart of our business operations. We are committed to investing in diverse and responsible media partners, in order to drive more meaningful and authentic messaging for our clients.
As the leading global media network in IPG Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of global clients. Here in the UK we are proud to work with some of the world’s most exciting brands, including Accenture, American Express, Just Eat Takeaway, Johnson & Johnson, Mattel, MoneySuperMarket and Spotify.
London is also the home of our UM EMEA Headquarters, providing the full spectrum of integrated media and marketing services to global clients across the region. Our in-house tools and technology capabilities, driven by a truly multi-national, talented and passionate team of people, makes us perfectly placed to create tailored, regional solutions for a diverse range of clients. As a regional hub, we act as a catalyst to integrate and connect – fuelling central strategies with both local insights and regional expertise. We have specialists across brand strategy, research & insight, data-driven analytics, 360 digital media planning and content creation, and we bring all of these disciplines together to provide frameworks that optimise our clients’ advertising investment in each market.
Within the communication industry, the value of data continues to grow but so too does the complexity of its landscape. As Head of Analytics, you are responsible for fast-tracking the usage of data within the agency and delivering holistic solutions for UM’s clients across the EMEA region. You will do so by supporting the development of innovative new data science and data visualisation products. You will also spearhead a team of data champions across the region to enable wider adoption of data-driven insights for planning and activation. Your role will entail crafting bespoke, consulting-type services for clients to bring their media strategies closer to their business objectives.
Within this role you will report to the Global Head of Product Transformation, and you will lead a high performing team of 6 Analytics, Data Visualisation, and Data Science professionals.
A combination of data savvy and excellent communication skills is core to this role. Understanding client challenges and designing exciting proposals will be key to success. This position requires energy, a dedication to innovation, the ability to challenge the status quo, confidence with senior business leads and brilliant leadership skills.
Data Consultancy: 35%
- Work with UM EMEA CEO, Product, Regional Leads and Client Partners to accelerate UM’s strategic analytical consultancy agenda across EMEA.
- Deliver client-centric, strategic visions for data and write compelling analytics proposals across a range of verticals (inc. FMCG, Finance, Entertainment and Retail).
- Ensure excellent client service as standard with output that is technically sound, visually brilliant and drives business and planning insight.
- Identify uses cases for digital first party data, second, and third party data, devising a road map to operationalize priority use cases.
- Promote adoption of data visualisation and dashboards.
New Business & Growth: 20%
- Support the UM growth team with ad hoc new business opportunities
- Present compelling connected data strategies with confidence in new business pitches
- Act as UM ambassador at industry events, presenting at key conferences
- Contribute to UM Marketing by composing award entries and PR articles
Agency Product: 25%
- Champion UM’s global planning tools suite, acting as a local ambassador for best practice and working with regional hubs to share and localize global solutions where appropriate.
- Collaborate with UM’s Investment teams and media owners to facilitate client focused audience and measurement solutions (e.g. Sky, Ch4, DAX, Facebook, Amazon).
- Collaborate with Specialist Business Units (SBUs include Programmatic and Ad Ops) to ensure data use cases are successfully identified and brought to life.
Team Leadership: 20%
- Act as the first point of contact for the UM EMEA regional leadership team senior agency team.
- Lead the Analytics team, currently made up of 7 dedicated UM specialists.
- Support, coach and encourage a collaborative work environment.
- Devise SMART goals and give regular feedback.
- Bring in new skill sets as required to future proof the agency product.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You have excellent analytics consultancy skills
- You have advanced knowledge of the media ecosystem
- Brilliant client servicing
- You are able to productise analytics solutions
- You have strong commercial acumen
- You are a confident presenter with a flair for pitching new ideas
- You can build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- You have technical analytics expertise (inc. MMM, Jones, Portfolio Management and Trigger Models)
- Strong knowledge of European data governance
- You have previous experience of team leadership and management
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please reach out to our Talent Inclusion Specialist Jess at if you would like to have a confidential conversation regarding any adjustments that would ensure our recruitment process is accessible for you. Please note requesting a reasonable adjustment will not affect your application.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- Flexi-leave, with 25 days annual leave to be taken as minimum. In addition to your holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Free breakfast and free lunch
- Early finish Fridays
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Retail discounts
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifices car scheme
- Wellbeing programme, including Headspace & flu jabs
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Generous Parental Leave & Pay
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Cycle to Work, Gym Discounts and many more!
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Head of Analytics job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Head of Analytics job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Head of Analytics job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.