Overview: Growth and Development Officer job vacancy in Birmingham recruiting now
Employer: The Scouts Association
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
We re Scouts and everyone s welcome here – all genders, races and backgrounds. We give over 400,000 4-25 year olds the skills they need for school, college, university, the job interview: the skills they need for life.
Do you have a passion for Growth & Development? Yes!! Then this is the right role for you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Growth and Development Officer to join our team, this will be a 12 Months Fixed term contract which is home-based .The position will be covering East and West Midlands.
We will offer you a competitive salary of £29,326 per annum, Band E, Level 3, plus car allowance.
The Growth and Development Officer Role:
The purpose of the job is to instigate, support, and deliver focused growth projects and plans across the Region as agreed by the Area Growth and Development Manager. To provide high quality and proactive support to prepare key line managers (specifically Group Scout Leaders and District Commissioners) to undertake their roles effectively and thereafter throughout their term of appointment. To support Scouting volunteers to develop and grow Scouting, including but not limited to delivering volunteer recruitment, growth at group level, building community links.
Key responsibilities as our Growth and Development Officer:
– Support and work in partnership with District Commissioners, Group Scout Leaders and other volunteers to achieve organisational growth
– Open new provisions in line with the project plan, and using local knowledge, contributing to the ongoing development of the project plan as needed
– Enable and motivate local Scouting to devise, apply and refresh sustainable growth plans in existing and new provisions
– Advise and support local Scouting upon the retention and recruitment of adult volunteers
– Carry out the induction of key line managers
– Advise, support and encourage Scouting to engage with seldom heard communities
– Help develop and deliver training, events and activities within and outside the Region(s), designed to support Scouting and promote local growth and development
What we are looking for in our Growth and Development Officer:
– Experience of working with volunteer groups
– Experienced in community engagement and demonstrate an understanding of best practice when recruiting and supporting volunteers
– Work as part of a team
– Provide own administrative support
– Confident at public speaking and skilled at presenting ideas and information to internal and external stakeholders, both digitally and face to face
– Be committed to the fundamentals and values of Scouting
– Be enthusiastic and able to enthuse others
– Be able to work independently and be able to identify and develop new opportunities for volunteer engagement
What we can offer you as our Growth and Development Officer:
– 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years service and 32 days after 5 years service
– Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
– Life Assurance
– Simply Health Scheme
– Generous Pension Scheme
– Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer
– Up to four personal days paid leave a year
– Maternity/Paternity Leave
– Childcare Vouchers
– Flexible working hours
– Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
– Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Monday 22nd August 2022 at 23:59
Don t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Growth and Development Officer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Growth and Development Officer job vacancy in Birmingham with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Growth and Development Officer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.