Job Title: Graduate Systems Engineer
Employer: Open Answers
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220620060
A skilled Graduate Systems Engineer is needed to join our team at Open Answers in Harrow on a full-time basis.
Open Answers is a provider of premium quality digital technology services to blue chip customers and the public sector, specialising in cloud systems integration. Our customers include British Airways, Camelot (National Lottery) and Channel 4 Television, along with technology vendors such as MuleSoft and Red Hat.
We are looking for a bright DevOps-minded junior systems engineer with development experience to join us in supporting and developing infrastructure solutions for our customers.
This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate with some relevant industry experience who wants to progress to the next level, immerse themselves in technology, and work with and learn from some exceptional peers.
We are passionate about creating business value through doing innovative and interesting things with technology. Our software powers business-critical systems in areas as diverse as lottery ticket sales, TV broadcast and care industry regulation, to name but a few. Within our small but successful company, you will have the opportunity to make the most of and enhance your skills, working as part of a great team.
About the Role
Technology-wise, you will be exposed to all levels of the applications and infrastructure stack. We develop applications in many languages and open frameworks, deploying and supporting them in our data centre space, public and private cloud or on customer premises.
The role will touch on all aspects of Linux systems engineering, supporting, building and maintaining the infrastructure, applications and tools that we and our customers depend on.
- Provide excellent technical support
- Plan, document and communicate technical changes, taking into account risk and ensuring best practices for operational tasks
- Perform proactive monitoring, and respond to alerts
- Configure, maintain and enhance system monitoring and deployment toolsets
- Troubleshoot, document and communicate solutions to technical problems
- Participate in on-call rota
- Build good working relationships with our customers
- With guidance, design, develop, test, and document code, ranging from scripts to full-blown utilities where required
- Be a self-starter, quick to learn and have a passion for delivering to exceed expectations
- Value learning and solving problems together with your teammates
- Fill the gaps in your knowledge by asking the right questions.
- Be an enthusiastic, methodical programmer and know how to recognise good quality code
- You are interested in automation and building infrastructure as code, perhaps with experience of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or Ansible
- You have the ability to effectively communicate technical information and risks to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have an interest in or experience with monitoring and analytics tools, for example, zabbix or grafana
- Have a degree in an IT-related subject
- Confident with Linux command shell or Windows Powershell
- Basic familiarity (setup, simple querying) with traditional SQL databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres or MS SQL Server
- Experience of UNIX or Windows OS at the administration level
- Familiarity with Windows 10 / 11 to at least home user level
- Familiarity with using office tools such as MS Office, OpenOffice, or Google Docs
- Ability to explain basic TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting concepts
- You are confident in writing programs and command line scripts. You may have published some of your projects on places like GitHub
- Familiarity with source code control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Experience in configuration automation
- High availability and clustering e.g. Pirahna, database replication
- Exposure to a NoSQL database e.g. Neo4j, MongoDB, Cassandra
Please note: In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We will not be able to provide sponsorship.
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles, including; Entry-Level Systems Engineer, Junior Systems Analyst, Associate Systems Engineer, Graduate IT Engineer, System Support Engineer Trainee, Technical Systems Associate, Systems Integration Engineer – Entry Level, Graduate Systems Technology Engineer, and Junior Systems Development Engineer will also be considered.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Graduate Systems Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Graduate Systems Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Graduate Systems Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.