Job Title: Graduate Flow Assurance Engineer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 1223738
Wood’s Energy and Flow Assurance (EFA) team within the Intelligent Operations service line is recruiting Graduate Engineers to join our graduate programme based in London, England in Q3-2024.
We are looking for dynamic, versatile individuals with a desire to support a wide variety of fast-moving projects in subsea and onshore energy transportation with a continuous focus on delivery and client satisfaction. Supporting global energy transition through decarbonisation including hydrogen transport and CO 2 capture and injection is a key part of our future growth plans. We are looking to expand our consultancy team to support the significant growth in these sectors, while at the same time meeting commitments to existing hydrocarbon development infrastructure.
Wood has successfully delivered more than 2,000 flow assurance projects for more than 200 companies worldwide. Our Flow Assurance group has tremendous expertise in flow assurance innovation and consulting from design through operations and software development to address life cycle needs to increase production and improve operability.
Our graduate engineers will be supported and assisted by senior engineers, under the guidance of Project and Operations Managers, in developing and/or delivering work scopes as allocated by the project/s.
The work scopes, and other Wood training, shall support the development of the graduate engineer and allow them to apply their skills in a range of projects. Graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Learn a range of simulation software and perform simulations in the areas of single phase and multiphase pipe flow, heat transfer, and thermodynamics, to support project design development
- Assist with in-house development of tools & programs
- Be involved in project planning, expediting, and execution
- Become familiar with writing technical reports
- Present and discuss technical results and the impacts of recommended design(s) to interdisciplinary teams within Wood and to project Clients
- Participate in internal workshops and training lectures
- Work with a diverse range of multi-disciplinary team members for a wide range of clients from around the world
Graduates will have the opportunity to work in and transition between various service lines within Wood. Those with an interest in programming will have the opportunity to work within Wood’s Digital Solutions consultancy group, helping to implement the latest digital innovations for our clients.
Key Elements of the Graduate Programme:
- Access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities through Wood’s global network of technical leaders and subject matter experts
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a buddy, mentor (Chartered Engineer) and departmental manager to ensure your professional development is achieved in order to gain Chartered Engineer status
- Structured Graduate training sessions on a range of topics such as multiphase flow, simulation best practice, how projects are estimated, report writing best practice, etc
- Competitive salary
- Access to a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Flexible Benefits tailored to your needs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Generous holiday allowance plus extra days purchase option
- Travel and private medical insurance
- Great Pension Plan and life assurance
- Shares option
- Time off in lieu
- The benefits of working from home and the flexibility this affords has been recognised within Wood. The opportunity for working from home is currently available
Early Careers Network
You will have access to the Early Careers Network that brings together young professionals and offers continuing professional development opportunities.
Early Careers Network activities include:
- Networking opportunities
- Organised social events
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Technical and soft skills training
- Participation in STEM events
Access to Wood’s Global Developing Professionals Network
- Recent graduate engineer or final year undergraduate with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (BEng or MEng) in Chemical Engineering or similar
- Industry experience is preferable but not required
- Experience in programming is preferable but not required
- Demonstrate initiative, and have good communication skills
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
- Ability and desire to work in diverse and multi-disciplinary team environments
- Must have the right to work in the UK
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Graduate Flow Assurance Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Graduate Flow Assurance Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Graduate Flow Assurance Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.