Overview: Front End Developer job vacancy in Hertfordshire recruiting now
Employer: MFK Recruitment
Location: Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front-End Developer to join our multi-award-winning client, based in Borehamwood.
This is a hybrid working role and the Front-End Developer can work from home for 60% of the week.
My client is a very well-known brand, they have won several awards for ‘Best places to work due to their benefits and culture. They also have a rating of 4.5/5 stars on Glassdoor!
MFK Recruitment has successfully recruited 4 candidates to this company in the past 18 months, all 4 individuals are still with them and enjoying their roles!
First, a bit about the Front-End Developer role:
We are looking for a front-end developer, keen to build great consumer products within an enthusiastic and collaborative team.
Reporting to the Web Development Manager, you will form part of a dedicated cross-functional team that also includes Product and Design. This role will have the opportunity to feed into development processes and continuous improvements to ways of working. An interest in usability and accessibility is highly desirable.
A bit more about the role Front End Developer role:
- Work as part of a diverse Agile Product & Development Team on customer-facing platforms, actively participating in sprint ceremonies.
- Create and maintain re-usable, flexible & responsive front-end code for web applications.
- Implementation of UI designs and responsibility to provide recommendations for optimisation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the tech stack, data model and business requirements and provide technical and optimisation advice whenever necessary.
- Work with back end / full stack developers to implement code and fix issues/debug.
- Recognise problems and be able to offer solutions, both independently and collaboratively
And now a bit about you:
- Minimum of 3 years as a front-end/UX developer
- Good Experience of implementing React framework.
- Advanced knowledge of CSS & modern layout methods (Flex, CSS Grid)
- CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS)
- CSS frameworks, specifically Bootstrap 3 and 4
- Advanced skills in the design, build and optimization of reusable, front-end code.
- A strong understanding of SEO, optimisation and accessibility fundamentals
- Solid experience of Git and associated version control processes
- Agile and working within an Agile Development Team
- Azure DevOps preferred
- Experience of working with design systems / style guides, patterns and modular components.
- Sketch, InVision, Zeplin or similar for developer hand-off
- Experience working with wireframes, prototypes and other design files to build complex responsive layouts.
- UX/UI Design experience beneficial
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Delivering happiness with their benefits
- Flexible & Remote working
- 25 days annual leave (excl public holidays), holidays increase by 1 day per year and goes up to a max of 30 days a year (excl public holidays).
- 4 weeks paid sabbatical for every 5 years of work experience.
- Additional leaves linked to Maternity/Paternity etc.
- A generous, company-matched pension scheme.
- Free Private Health Insurance.
- 24/7 EAP & helpline.
- Trained in-house Mental Health First Aiders.
- employee wellbeing program, in addition to a host of various wellbeing-related benefits at the office (breakfast/fruit days, games room, relaxation room etc).
- Charity match funding & up to 6 days volunteering days per year.
- Experience vouchers to treat yourself for every work anniversary that you have with us.
- Lifestyle benefits, shopping perks & freebies through Perkbox.
- Training and development programs.
- Talent referral bonus.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Front End Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Front End Developer job vacancy in Hertfordshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Front End Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.