Overview: FP&A Analyst job vacancy in West Midlands recruiting now
Employer: The AA
Location: West Midlands, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Job title: FP&A Analyst
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Oldbury (flexible working available)
Solution bringers. Day makers. Extra milers. We are the AA. And we keep everyone s show on the road. There for our members wherever and whenever they need us, we re always ready for anything. That s why, for over 100 years, we ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers. As a FP&A Analyst, you ll join our exciting journey to fulfil our future vision. We aim to support the UK s 17m drivers and to facilitate their driving lives through data and innovation; to succeed with this, we require a step-change in pace and thinking. Join us as we transform and deliver on this ambitious vision.
This is the job
As FP&A Analyst, you will be joining the AA Operations finance team based in Oldbury, to support the FP&A manager with Reporting and Financial Planning cycles; including but not limited to the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes.
The role will be responsible for financial management of the AA s roadside business & maintaining the Operations finance forecast models providing the business with understanding and explanation of the £270m annual Operations cost base.
You will assist in performance analysis working alongside the Financial Reporting Team and the Business Partnering Team to provide reporting and insight in to historic and projected performance.
In addition to partnering with Finance colleagues you ll be a direct interface into the Analytics & MI teams.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting Financial Reporting team to ensure accurate month end reporting (BAU plus continuous development to improve speed, accuracy and insight).
- Support analysis and understanding of monthly performance through variance analysis against the forecast/budget.
- Working closely with finance business partners with analysis to understand monthly performance through linking Operational KPIs and variance analysis against the forecast/budget
- Improve financial performance by providing insightful and accurate analysis and challenging the business where necessary
- Manage the Financial forecasting tools, develop an understanding of financial modelling undertaken to be able to drive continuous improvements, remediate potential issues and highlight any risks or opportunities within the business.
- Understand underlying assumptions within the model, support the update of these and allow continued full use of the model across commercial finance and wider business teams.
- Support forecasting cycles with analytics to identify trends, outliers etc to enable better explanation of numbers.
- Support for FP&A manager on ad hoc projects
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A good starting foundation in a operational finance role
- Ability to develop & maintain stored procedures
- Financially numerate with an educational background
- Experience of finance reporting on a regular basis
- Ideally previous experience of big data sets and high volume of data
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level education in Finance or a related subject (2:1 or above)
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise manage and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
- Can do attitude
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Commercial acumen and a proactive, ‘results orientated approach
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team environment
- Strong motivational skills with the ability to work using your own initiative to tight time scales
- An innate curiosity & desire to understand and challenge
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Supportive, innovative and high of integrity
As a valued member of our team, you ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you re looking for here.
We re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you ll have access to, as part of our team..
- Annual discretionary performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- ?Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
- Flexible benefits
- Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age,
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this FP&A Analyst job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this FP&A Analyst job vacancy in West Midlands with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this FP&A Analyst job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.