Overview: Field Engineer job vacancy in Kent recruiting now
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Finning (UK) Ltd
Number of Openings:
Working within Finning’s industry leading field service department, and for the largest CAT dealer in the UK and Ireland, you will be at the forefront of the companies on site diagnostic and repair capabilities for Caterpillar products.
You will need to have both outstanding customer focus coupled with in depth knowledge of plant equipment. The ability to attend site and understand the customer needs and resolve any mechanical or electrical issues in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner, utilising the most up to date dealer software and repair techniques.
Job Profile Summary
To respond to customer’s field repair and service requests diagnosing and providing comprehensive detail about the nature the problem to the customer and Finning to create a quote as per the request of the customer within a cost and time effective manner.
Main Job Functions
• Provide an estimate of arrival time at customer’s site in response to service request based on the job instructions from Branch giving details of customer location, machine, contact name and nature of problem and current work situation.
• Contact customer’s site management in order to register arrival and presence on site and ensure knowledge of customer procedures so as to adhere to site requirements.
• Diagnose the likely cause of reported equipment problems, in discussion with customer operators/supervisors and using specialised equipment, in order to provide the customer with an information for the work required. Provide a comprehensive detail to allow Finning to construct a quote as requested by the customer.
• Identify the parts required to carry out the repair and requisition any parts and determine expected time of delivery so that a date and time of any necessary service re-visit can be agreed with customer.
• Undertake repair and service work on the machine to the agreed work plan, removing and despatching components for specialist attention and re-installing the original or replacement, to bring the machine up to the required standards.
• Work autonomously on own initiative and also well as part of a team
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships across all levels of the business
• Motivated and dynamic self-starter
• Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work in high-pressured situations and to tight deadlines
• Effective problem solver with strong analytical skills
• Knowledge in the use of field-based diagnosis tools and equipment essential
• Heavy Earth Moving equipment operating knowledge
• Formally apprenticed trained (NVQ Level 3) and served as a workshop engineer for a significant period or development opportunity for a qualified apprentice
• Experience of a variety of construction and static machines essential
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Field Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Field Engineer job vacancy in Kent with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Field Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.