Overview: Environmental Consultant job vacancy in Yorkshire recruiting now
Employer: BWB Consulting Ltd
Location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
With an in-depth commercial understanding of Environmental Impact Assessment processes, join our team in providing clients with robust assessments and technical chapters for a range of disciplines.
Who we are & what we stand for
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction. We re rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice. We invest in our people and ensure they have everything they need to develop a fantastic career. We extensively research, benchmark and review all salaries and benefits against others within the industry.
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow s digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
What you ll be doing
As part of the CAF Group, and working with their own engineering arm CAFTE, BWB also provide large scale international opportunities with environmental requirements from the procurement process, through to tender and award of contract, and ultimately the construction phase.
We have a strong nationwide presence and our work covers a wide range of skills offering opportunities across a range of projects and disciplines, co-ordinating environmental management at the pre-planning, planning and construction stages.
As an Environmental Consultant, you will support the delivery of services across a range of projects, including major urban regeneration, mixed-use, residential and rail schemes across the UK and help to build our international offering with CAF Group. Alongside environmental project management, this role affords you the opportunity to enhance your skills through involvement in EIA and non-EIA projects. This will include co-ordinating project finances, the production of deliverables in line with client expectations in a timely manner, assisting with tender submissions and ensuring all project work is completed to a high standard.
You may be required to assist in public consultations with preparatory materials, attend public events in support of wider client proposals, attend and monitor committee and other hearings.
This is a fast paced, client-facing role in which you would have the opportunity to grow your expertise and specialism. We value innovation and encourage thinking ‘outside of the box , while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues.
What you ll bring
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the principles of the UK environmental regulatory framework and how this is applied
- Good financial and project management skills are a must.
- Excellent attention to detail and good administrative skills
- Great communication skills to build, maintain and consolidate strong working relationships both internally and externally to BWB.
- Enthusiasm, practical and self-motivation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Organisation and ablility to prioritise your own workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work dynamically across different teams and offices
- International experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Degree in environmental science or a related subject.
- A minimum of 2-4 years consultancy experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the planning system including EIA.
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable track record of developing Client relationships.
- Demonstrable track record in environmental project management.
- Membership of a relevant professional body, such as IEMA. Ideally, affiliate or better.
- Experience and proficiency in using GIS and AutoCAD packages would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in delivery of Health Impact Assessment, Climate Change Appraisal, Sustainability Statements, Socio-Economic Statements and Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMPs) would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget with a strong focus on Client care in project management and delivery.
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase more), pension, life assurance and healthcare.
- Perkbox, Cycle to Work, paid volunteering days, regular social events, rewards scheme and much more.
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities including charterships and paid professional subscriptions.
- Hybrid working.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Environmental Consultant job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Environmental Consultant job vacancy in Yorkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Environmental Consultant job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.