Your World Healthcare
To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: Emergency Operations Centre Administrator Assistant
Employer: Your World Healthcare
Location: Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 9716bbcd-348e-4c46-999c-123ab3277157
Emergency Operations Centre Administrator Assistant
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: This is a temporary role expected to last up to 6 months and maybe longer
Proposed start date: ASAP
Working environment: Office
Hours worked in the following days and hours will be paid as:
Monday to Friday hours worked from 6am to 8pm (days shifts): £11.68 paye inclusive per hour
Monday to Friday hours worked from 8pm to 6am (Night shifts) / Saturday: £15.00 paye inclusive per hour
Sunday / Bank Holidays: £18.50 paye inclusive per hour
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Sunday, 12-12 shift patterns, 24 hour service
The successful candidates will need to be free and available to attend a 2-day training course, the courses are;
Tuesday 21st November 23 and Wednesday 22nd November 2023 in Bedford or
Thursday 30th November 2023 and Friday 1st December 2023 in Norwich
Candidates must be available for 2 days at either site and then will be placed in their location
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the Dispatch and Call Handler Teams within the Emergency Operations Centres. This will entail completing administrative and unlicensed tasks within the call handling and dispatcher functions.
This will include communicating with voluntary services, other agencies, emergency services, members of the public/service users, and aiding with general administrative tasks to allow the Dispatch and Call Handler Teams more capacity to effectively deliver out core functions.
Specific direction will be given to the post holder on what tasks to be completed but these will be expected to be completed unsupervised.
- Receive administrative calls from stakeholders such as Police, Fire, Coastguard, Carelines, etc.
- Receive calls from the public or other stakeholders requesting to cancel emergency and urgent calls
- At the request of a Call Handler Team Leader/Clinical Coordinator (or other superior), contact members of the public with outstanding emergency calls and apply the Trust’s ‘No Send’ policy, delivering the appropriate referral script.
- Complete welfare calls to outstanding 999 calls in line with Trust policy.
- Welfare operational colleagues who are on scene with patients, often for extended periods of time.
- Contact other stakeholders for administrative purposes such as Police, Fire, Coastguard, Carelines, etc. This may include requesting ETAs, passing on updates, etc.
- Assisting the Dispatch Team with administrative tasks such as recording crew breaks, answering the Dispatch phone lines, and reviewing crew out of service times, etc.
- Will be required, when directed by management, to mentor new starters in the EOC Assistant role to ensure that they can fulfil the role requirements. Responsibility for the individual’s capability will remain with their Line Manager.
- Inputs data and ensures accurate data is held within information systems such as spreadsheets, the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System and reporting tools.
- Operating, inputting to, adjusting, responding to or retrieving information from the CAD, or other critical systems, as required and directed by Team Leaders, and above.
- Utilise tools such as CAD software or paper working to effectively support the EOC functions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 3 GCSEs at grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) including English.
- Use of information Technology such as Windows-based systems, and also information Communication Technology such as telephony, email.
- Understanding of GDPR responsibilities.
- The ability to take and record information accurately.
- Work as part of a high-performance team.
- Prioritise and undertake numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Remain calm under pressure
- High standards of personal professionalism
- Determination to meet targets
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Emergency Operations Centre Administrator Assistant job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Emergency Operations Centre Administrator Assistant job vacancy in Bedfordshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Emergency Operations Centre Administrator Assistant job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.