Overview: Early Engagement – Software Engineer – Test & Measurement – Leicester (DS) job vacancy in Leicestershire recruiting now
Employer: Baker Hughes
Location: Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Druck is a global technology company that designs, develops and manufactures the highest quality, most accurate and reliable customized pressure sensing devices and instruments, software to provide innovative products, services and solutions to our customers.
Roles and responsibilities:
As a Software Engineer you will design and develop software and hardware platforms for production test and measurement systems. The role ensures compliance to international & regional standards for all designed metrology equipment used during the manufacture of pressure products within our global pressure business facilities. You will collaborate across multi-disciplined teams in a fast paced environment to deliver innovative and creative solutions.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the full life cycle of software engineering activities. (system design, development, installation, commissioning, verification and documentation)
- Developing new test capabilities and increasing process capacity as required by New Product Introduction, Customer Product Opportunities and Transfer of Work activities
- Debugging and problem investigation of software and firmware driven systems
- Shaping longer term process improvements to ensure compliance and increase productivity
- Contributing in the definition of software architecture and design decisions
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Degree or equivalent experience in software or electronics
- Have proven experience in software development using C/C++/C# on a Windows platform
- Have knowledge and experience of digital communication protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, IEEE, RS232)
- Have significant knowledge of hardware level interfaces
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development and implementation
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Early Engagement – Software Engineer – Test & Measurement – Leicester (DS) job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Early Engagement – Software Engineer – Test & Measurement – Leicester (DS) job vacancy in Leicestershire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Early Engagement – Software Engineer – Test & Measurement – Leicester (DS) job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.