Overview: Early Engagement – Product Manager – Druck – Test and Calibration – Leicest job vacancy in Leicestershire recruiting now
Employer: Baker Hughes
Location: Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
The Druck Test & Calibration Product Manager will be responsible for devising and executing a portfolio strategy for a range of Test and Calibration products.
The Product Manager will champion growth and continue the evolution and development of our Test and Calibration product ranges, collecting VOC (voice of customer) to establish CTQ (Critical to Quality) requirements and translate into product marketing requirements in close coordination with sales and marketing team.
Additionally, the Product Manager will determine prioritization and execute on elements of CPO (Custom Product Opportunities) and NPI (New Product Introduction) activity, VOC gathering for MGPP development and then develop and execute on an agreed strategy.
The role will work cross-functionally, developing practical and innovative ways to meet goals, fostering growth, innovation and customer centricity. The role holder will also have responsibility for development and maintenance of the full product life cycle, developing the products’ MGPP, partnering with the Marketing team to devise Marketing campaigns and guiding our channel partners and Commercial organization where appropriate.
This role will require both customer and vendor engagement. The role will involve spending time in Leicester, UK, with travel elsewhere up to 30%.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Building upon the overall vision and strategy for Druck, the role holder will be a key contributor to LRP (5-year strategic plan) MRP (3-year plan) and AP (1-2 year plan) for their portfolio, working closely with the Product Management team, Marketing team, Technology team and the Commercial function, aligning product features, price positioning & value proposition messaging with market conditions to achieve portfolio growth & profitability objectives.
- Collaborative ownership with relevant functions of contribution margin for this portfolio, including making and implementing proposals for margin enhancement – e.g. pricing alterations, cost-out, product mix optimization.
- Own customer targeting and positioning strategies by analyzing market data trends including customer segments, market dynamics, competitive intelligence, and customer references.
- Benchmark global competitors’ technology, product portfolio and pricing.
- Establishing the vision and strategic plan for the assigned product lines, contributing and defining the overall investment for the products with a focus on increasing portfolio competitiveness.
- Provide product training and key account support to sales and service teams.
- Enthusiastic advocate for the products and services, presenting to customers and industry groups; represent the product at trade shows and with media; ensure internal buy-in for product roadmap; assist Commercial team to win large deals; provide sales training, and generate enthusiasm for the products.
- Form strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to develop deep understanding of relevant market trends that can inform strategy development
- Defining and leading appropriate market segmentation, immersive competitor awareness and positioning strategies for the product line with a focus on driving differentiated value propositions.
- Work closely with Marketing and Commercial team to understand strategies being used by competitors, as well as their likely responses from our own strategies.
- Responsible for development and defined elements of execution of product roadmaps, New Product Introductions (NPI) & CPO and life cycle management.
- Participate and where appropriate take leadership opportunities as part of relevant industry groups.
- Expected travel required circa 30%
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or science-based discipline plus technical experience in Instrumentation or equivalent knowledge & experience.
- Experience with customer interactions and applications.
- Ability to build a strategy in highly competitive environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a cross-functional team and work in a matrix / functional organization
- Able to escalate appropriately based on urgency. Will not hesitate to ask for more resources if needed to pursue strategic action.
- Influential, energetic and enthusiastic, with the drive, ambition and resilience to make things happen and deliver outstanding performance.
- Able to handle queries regarding relevant aspects of product technical & commercial support.
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer & business requests.
- Fluent English with strong communication skills; able to present to a group.
- Ability to produce technical content and deliver a technical presentation.
Desired Characteristics :
- Strong business, finance & commercial acumen.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Previous Product Management knowledge and experience.
- Prior customer applications, Technology, Commercial/Marketing experience.
- Ability to interface and influence all functions and levels within customer and internal organizations.
- Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global and diverse organization.
- An understanding of test and calibration products and applications.
- An understanding and willingness to learn customer applications across sectors as diverse as Energy (conventional and emerging energy sources) Environmental (Hydrology, Meteorology, Oceanography) Semiconductor, Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial manufacturing & calibration and metrology.
Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Early Engagement – Product Manager – Druck – Test and Calibration – Leicest job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Early Engagement – Product Manager – Druck – Test and Calibration – Leicest job vacancy in Leicestershire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Early Engagement – Product Manager – Druck – Test and Calibration – Leicest job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.