Job Title: Discovery Engineer
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220212148
We are looking for customer-focused and enthusiastic candidate for the Software Discovery and Packaging Team, who has a genuine interest in solving IT issues and is empathetic to our client needs and requirements. The applicant should have a very good understanding of software application packaging, possess good written and verbal communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
The Discovery consists of 3 phases; D1, D2 and Testing/UAT.
- Successful service delivery – SLA achievement and high level of customer satisfaction
- Building a personal relationship with client
- Call queue management: Self-assignment of calls, Update and maintain assigned calls.
- Start to end of discovery process for an application: D1, D2, Testing.
- Managing workload and within SLA
- Import of packaged application into SCCM
- Creation of AD groups ready for deployment
- Engage with Licensing / Manufacturers / Customers
- Test deployment from SCCM (OAT)
- Documentation, of all packaging requirements into a discovery form – e.g. Installation Instructions, Configuration Instructions,
- Investigation of possible application dependencies and escalation to technical authority.
- Troubleshooting of application error messages during installation
- Have extensive knowledge in Application Discovery, and best practices.
- Troubleshooting skills; Event viewer, Logs, monitoring tools, fault diagnosis, etc
- Active Directory, Group Policy and local permission setting knowledge
- Windows Operating systems: XP, 7 & 10
- General Windows support and configuration experience
- Understanding of secure working environments.
- Good Communication skills, written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of EXE, MSI, Transforms
- Basic knowledge of VBScript and PowerShell
- Ability to undertake complex multi-layered application dependency investigation
- Able to proactively resolve issues encountered during the discovery process
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Discovery Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Discovery Engineer job vacancy in Berkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Discovery Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.