Overview: Digital Education Technology Delivery Manager job vacancy in Lancashire recruiting now
Employer: Imperial College London
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Digital Education Services provides technology support and learning systems for the students and staff of the College. As Technology Delivery Manager you will be pivotal in the ongoing work to improve the products and platforms ICT provide and to ensure our efforts align to the Educational Strategy.
You will also support our drive to deliver rapid cycles of innovation, allowing members of the college to assess and experience new approaches to the delivery of teaching and learning. The successful applicant will have a track record of supporting both novel initiatives and best-practice in agile sprint delivery to support the College s product-centric approach.
As a direct report to the Head of Digital Education Services you will work alongside the three team leads within ICT and build strong relation ships with the College s EdTech Labs, Digital Media Lab and other supporting services to boost the experience of all students and staff. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future at the College and to share best practice with the national and international community.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will share ideas and information with colleagues and partners at any time and in any location in the world. You will lead the team in being agile in response, allowing new technologies to be employed quickly. Your work will be at the core of exciting learning environments that can support new developments in tailored courses / modules for particular student groups and / or programme delivery mechanisms. Under your direction enhanced, consistent and easy to use products for teaching and learning will be delivered to benefit those across the entire College. You will bring capabilities that underpin communication, coordination and collaboration to support College teaching and learning.
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in a computer technology-related qualification or comparable
- Project Management qualification, preferably in an Agile methodology or equivalent
- ITIL v4 Service Management Foundation is desirable
- Experience working in IT as a Technology Delivery Manager or Project Manager within a large organisation, applying subject matter expertise within specific business operations domains and / or Higher Education to deliver technology change
- Experience of managing development and innovation utilising Agile or iterative project techniques and methodologies
- Experience of educational technologies and their use to support the delivery of teaching and learning within a large organisation.
The College is a proud signatory to the San-Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which means that in hiring and promotion decisions, we evaluate applicants on the quality of their work, not the journal impact factor where it is published. For more information, see
The College believes that the use of animals in research is vital to improve human and animal health and welfare. Animals may only be used in research programmes where their use is shown to be necessary for developing new treatments and making medical advances. Imperial is committed to ensuring that, in cases where this research is deemed essential, all animals in the College s care are treated with full respect, and that all staff involved with this work show due consideration at every level.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Digital Education Technology Delivery Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Digital Education Technology Delivery Manager job vacancy in Lancashire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Digital Education Technology Delivery Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.