Overview: DevOps Engineer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Metro Bank
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Do you want to join an incredible digital engineering team who are revolutionising the entire industry? Can you support the delivery of new and innovative digital platforms? Are you obsessed with DevOps tools and technologies? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the DevOps Engineer, you will be required take ownership of technical relationship with project teams from project initiation to Go-Live, this will include all automation required, Developer support and required CI/CD.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?…
• Maintaining effectiveness in a rapidly changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change
• Implementing best practices for IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Applying and working with security best practices at every stage
• Helping ensure all technical design artefacts documented adhere to digital architectural standards/principles, product-specific guidelines and usability design standards
• Supporting, monitoring, maintaining and improving our infrastructure and the live running of our applications
• Creating infrastructure and environments to support our platforms and applications using Terraform and related technologies to ensure all our environments are controlled and consistent
• Implementing DevOps technologies and processes, e.g: containerisation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics and monitoring
• Diagnosing the root causes of systems issues using your problem-solving skills and work to produce permanent solutions that ensure problems never recur
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Strong experience with DevOps tooling such as TeamCity, OctopusDeploy, GIT/SVN, JIRA, Confluence
• Strong experience in integrating with APIs for deployment and configuration management of infrastructure as code (Terraform) and CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Good understanding of infrastructure technologies with the ability to troubleshoot Windows Server, Networking and Databases
• Demonstrable aptitude for logical thinking which is effectively harnessed through learning new IT techniques and tools
• Strong experience in Cloud platforms ( Azure, AWS, etc )
• Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell and Bash
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Azure Application Insights, Site24x7
• Solid understanding of cloud security models and best practices
This role is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime. This means that If you are successful in your application, we are required to carry out additional checks that will be repeated annually while you are in this role. For more information you can visit the FCA website or ask your recruiter who can explain further.
IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE; Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that normal office hours aren t always doable, and while we can t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren t sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this DevOps Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this DevOps Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this DevOps Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.