Overview: Dev Ops Engineer job vacancy in Yorkshire recruiting now
Employer: I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Dev Ops Engineer
Place of work: Sheffield
Hybrid – 1-2 days per week on site in City Centre based office
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – office hours
About the Company and the Role: Auxilion is a leading provider of IT outsourcing and IT managed service solutions for global IT service providers. The RMM team in Sheffield is the escalation for Auxilion level 2/3 support and remote monitoring and management of client infrastructure.
The team is comprised of a number of day based engineers and a team of engineers working shift providing 24*7*365 support.
This position is to join the team of day based engineers and deliver best of breed support to our enterprise customers.
This role involves the following:
- Working in a support environment the Dev Ops Engineer focuses on continuous operation of the various customer estates, many of them running in a high availability environment.
- Incident resolution and monitoring of the supported estate through a number of key monitoring (RMM) tools
- Ensure user tickets and monitoring alerts are handled per pre-defined SLA’s for response time, updates and closure
- Focus on maintenance and update of the toolset
- Provide Scripting and automation work to reduce manual workload within the RMM team
- Be a point of escalation for tooling and automation issues
- Advise on development of the tools used
- Participates in availability, capacity and change management processes.
Working and support knowledge of the following:
- Prior experience in a Network Operations Center/Service Desk Environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (Communication to customers verbal and written is mandatory)
- 2 or more years’ Experience Scripting and automation within a support environment
- Core Infrastructure – Active Directory, Exchange
- Virtualisation – VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure
- Server Architecture (Blades & Servers)
- Windows/PowerShell Scripting
- Monitoring and reporting tools (SCOM and Kaseya preferred)
- Reporting and data handling (PowerBI)
- Microsoft Office365 and Cloud offerings (Azure, AWS)
- SQL knowledge
Business Competencies & Experience Required:
- Good communication and teamwork skills and interpersonal skills are key.
- Third level qualification would be desirable but not essential.
- Commitment to learning and development of creative support solutions.
- Experience of working in a server support environment.
- Service oriented behaviour and communication to internal and external customers.
- Ability to cope with pressures of peak workloads, short deadlines.
- Experience with face-to-face customer liaison.
- Qualities: Integrity, attention to detail, timeline sensitive, goal oriented, motivated.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- Experienced with ITIL support services disciplines an advantage
Our Company Auxilion – About Us
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. At Auxilion we strive to be a great place to work, with career opportunities and development of people in our DNA. Our competitive advantage is how we manage the Customer Relationship journey. Our people have a passion for their work, our culture and our values. Whether your focus is technical, sales, finance. or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Dev Ops Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Dev Ops Engineer job vacancy in Yorkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Dev Ops Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.