Job Title: Design Manager
Employer: Proftech Talent
Location: Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Salary: great benefits
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 221056747
We are looking to recruit a Design Manager for a leading foundry equipment manufacturer based in South, Staffordshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who have AutoCAD and Inventor skills .
Located in Staffordshire they design & manufacture into a very niche market for foundry equipment with 90 % of their machines exported. With a current workforce of 10 employees, this opportunity is down to an increase in market demand and the opportunity to develop new and existing products. This position is ideal If you have a strong design engineering background with experience of using AutoCAD, Inventor & vault.
As the design manager you will be responsible for updating existing machines and working on new and existing product ranges with a strong partnership to shop floor and other engineering personnel.
They are looking for a design manager for our small team and are looking at candidates established with extensive Industry and Design knowledge. You will take ownership of Design Projects from start to finish.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of all design activities from concept through to production validation.
- The robust design of products in accordance with the department procedures
- Investigating design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency.
- Preparation of Project Engineering data for new product assemblies and components, eg 3D / 2D Drawings, BOM’s, Technical Specifications
- Customer technical liaison on new projects, ensuring that the designs meet the customer’s requirements and often exceed their expectations and remain competitive to achieve sales growth and increase market share.
- Qualified to HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline, ideally Mechanical or Product Design
- You must possess a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and product design processes.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
Salary: 48,000- 50,000 per year
- Holidays – 22 days plus statutory days – Christmas shutdown – three days will need to be saved out of our annual holiday for this
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme with The People’s Pension that new employees join after 3 months employment. Company contributes 4% of your salary and employee 4% plus 1% contributed by the Government in the form of tax relief
- Sick pay
- Free onsite carparking
- We also after the three-month probationary period private health insurance,
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Design Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Design Manager job vacancy in Staffordshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Design Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.