Overview: Deputy Head of Ark Teacher Training job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: ARK SCHOOLS
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Deputy Head of Ark Teacher Training
Reports to: Head of Ark Teacher Training
Location: London with travel to Birmingham, Hastings & Portsmouth
Closing Date: 10am on 22 October 2021
Ark Teacher Training
Launched in 2013, Ark Teacher Training is a programme for committed graduates and career changers who aim to become great teachers. Trainees spend one year in an Ark school – becoming a qualified teacher while learning on the job. With the support of an inspirational group of tutors, coaches and educational experts, the trainees have all the tools they need to perfect their craft. We understand the importance that the first few years of teaching have on a teacher’s future, so that’s why the programme also supports trainees for the following two years through our early career support.
Ark Teacher Training was judged ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted in January 2017 .
Working within the senior team the Deputy Head of ATT will support the Head of ATT in the oversight of the programmes. They will be responsible for full oversight self-evaluation and review process, as well as communications with Ark schools and will deputise for the Head of ATT where required.
In order to excel in the role the post-holder will need to be an excellent teacher with a track record of delivering excellent achievement for pupils – particularly those who are vulnerable to underachievement. They will have experience of educational leadership, either at a senior or senior middle leadership level. Most importantly, the post-holder will have a strong interest in our work with the drive and desire to improve educational outcomes for disadvantaged students.
- Strategic oversight of the self-evaluation and review process.
- Ensure the programmes are aligned with the Department for Education’s requirements core content for ITT and ECF providers.
- Work closely with Primary and Secondary Curriculum Leads to ensure seamless curriculum experience from training year through early career induction.
- Line-manage a team of Tutors.
- Manage resource and ensure delivery of highest quality of available training.
- Work closely with schools and stakeholders to ensure all school-based curriculum experiences are implemented consistently with fidelity and are of high quality.
- To oversee the quality of development plans.
- To manage the key stakeholders in 50% of ATT’s Schools.
- To facilitate across the 4 regions in which ATT works.
- To have a small tutor group.
- Regular work days at Ark offices to ensure team coherence.
- Undertake projects and research as required to broaden their own knowledge and contribute to the wider success of the team.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to constantly improve what we do so that we can further develop world-class training and development programmes.
- Covering others and assuming responsibilities where necessary.
- Actively promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people.
- Ensure compliance with Arks data protection rules and procedures.
- Liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy.
- Work with Ark Central and other academies in the Ark network, to establish good practice throughout the network, offering support where required.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
- Qualified to degree level..
- Qualified to teach in the UK
- Knowledge of the teaching training and development policy context, particularly for initial teacher training and the ECF.
- Experience in line management and holding people to account.
- Recent teaching that results in excellent achievement for pupils, particularly those who are vulnerable to underachievement.
- Experience in curriculum design at a school or network level.
- Experience in teacher training and development including coaching and mentoring teachers.
- Leading professional development sessions and understanding best practice in teacher training and development.
- Involvement in the management of important relationships with a range of senior individuals and organisations.
- Experience in middle or senior leadership in schools which has had a significant impact on pupil progress.
- Experience of successful impact across a whole school initiative.
- Skilled in effective project set up and management.
- Has strong network of teachers and teacher educators across a number of schools and training and development providers.
- Experience in schools serving economically disadvantaged communities.
- Right to work in the UK
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 38 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. We also incubate start-up programmes (Ark Ventures) that improve the education system.
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by 10am on 22 October 2021 but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Deputy Head of Ark Teacher Training job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Deputy Head of Ark Teacher Training job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Deputy Head of Ark Teacher Training job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.