Job Title: Data Scientist Intern (6-12 months)
Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 1221499
Data Scientist Intern (6-12 months) – Starting Summer 2024
SLB Cambridge Research (SCR) is part of SLB’s global network of research and engineering centres. SCR is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment with state-of-the-art research and computing facilities. We work on applied research projects in the physical sciences to meet the current and future challenges of the industry.
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that’s been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world’s greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world’s growing energy demands. We’re working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It’s what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
Description and Scope:
You will be part of the multi-disciplinary DataLab team focusing on developing applied data science solutions for the Energy Transition and Well Construction domain challenges.
Your role will be to work with one or more research and data scientists helping to develop workflows and applications to solve problems towards our Energy Transition and Well Construction efficiency goals. This will involve advanced data analysis, automated decision-making, and user interfacing.
Depending on your personal interest and duration of the internship, you can also be assigned projects to research and implement algorithms for data analysis, AI/ML implementation or AI planning.
- Gather requirements from domain users
- Propose solutions and develop data workflows that integrate with a variety of real-world business systems.
- Create domain user applications to test and validate your workflows.
- Present results of your workflows to domain users and stakeholders
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Studying towards a Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related field with previous or ongoing coursework in statistics, pattern recognition, machine learning, linguistics, speech recognition or signal processing.
- Passionate interest in programming
- Good programming skills in Python
- Passionate interest in data science, analysing large volumes of data and understanding and solving domain challenges
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as the ability to work as part of a project team
- Highly independent and motivated to learn and acquire new technical skills
Knowledge and experience in any of the following is a plus:
- SQL, Python and ML libraries (Tensorflow, Pytorch)
- Machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Development of Web Applications
BlueFlex: We are open to flexible, hybrid working with a combination of on-site & home working days.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Data Scientist Intern (6-12 months) job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Data Scientist Intern (6-12 months) job vacancy in Cambridgeshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Data Scientist Intern (6-12 months) job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.