Overview: Data Engineer job vacancy in Aberdeen recruiting now
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruting for a Data Engineer to support our Operations Management Solutions team and work on current digital twin and asset data management projects. This team works to assist clients in using their data to create value, drive business decisions and efficiency in asset operations and maintenance management.
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement solutions which increase the safety, reliability and productivity of our clients’ assets through the application of advanced analytics and artificial intelligence. As a valued team member they will build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through working collaboratively in global, agile, multi-disciplined teams. They will have strong statistical skills to support the team in the development of current and new applications that have the capability to deliver real-world results.
The successful candidate will work across a variety of tasks, including:
- Support the design, development and deployment of data mining algorithms to solve data management challenges, including data scraping and cleansing
- Support the design, development and deployment of web-based and desktop-based applications
- Support our system engineers in assembling large, complex datasets
- Participate in integrity, maintenance and reliability and digital twin systems configuration and implementation projects
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions and developing data modelling specifications
- Participate in the design, development and deployment of Machine Learning and Deep Learning models to solve maintenance and reliability challenges
In order to be successful, candidates must demonstrate that they:
- Possess a questioning mind, brimming with bright ideas that they are able to articulate and share
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical, critical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Be comfortable with manipulating and combining large, high dimensional datasets from multiple sources
- Have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience
- Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external stakeholders
- Be passionate about delivering high quality work
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in a data-oriented field like Software Engineering, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science and / or a tertiary qualification in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Process engineering
- Experience in statistics, data engineering, data science – recent graduates who have attended related internship programs or related postgraduate studies will also be considered
- Experience in an asset intensive industry will be highly valued
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian, clustering to analyse data and provide insights
- Working knowledge of Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Strong scripting ability in Python, or similar. Ability to apply modern machine learning/vision libraries such as TensorFlow, Scikit, OpenCV, PyTorch, MxNet etc.
- Programming ability in a compiled language (C/C++, Java, C# etc.)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Azure ecosystem or Amazon AWS
- Understanding of agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with REST API architecture and its application
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to delivering first class technology engineering services
- Excellent English language skills and effective communication capability both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to those in a wide range of organisation positions
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex problems and help identify practical and technically sound solutions
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Data Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Data Engineer job vacancy in Aberdeen with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Data Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.