Overview: Data Centre Technician – Returners Programme job vacancy in Berkshire recruiting now
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Data Centre Technician – Returners Programme
There are 2 roles available in Slough
For this role, we are actively looking for people looking to return to the workplace after a career break. No data centre experience is required as full, structured training will be provided.
Equinix is the world s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centres across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed. We are a fast-growing global company with 75+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have built the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, working as part of a close-knit team maintaining critical facilities infrastructure within our data centres to keep the world s global companies online.
We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
To participate in our training programme, we are actively seeking applications from people returning to the workplace after a career break. We will provide the training you need to build a successful career within our data centres.
We are looking for applicants with:
- Experience of, or a passion for providing excellent customer service
- A positive outlook, a hunger to learn, and a desire to develop and grow
- Willingness to work a shift rota that can include day and night shifts (once training is complete, which will operate Mon-Fri)
- The ability to work well within a team
With both technical and on the job training, you ll be working as part of a busy team working together to achieve the following:
- Supporting customer happiness through timely and precise order execution
- Coordinate with customers to action any requests relating to their hardware, which will include:
- Installing of IT equipment and connecting to external terminals – known as racking, and stacking
- IT hardware configuration
- Providing recommendation and observations
- Emergency support as required
- Maintaining detailed written records of all activity
What we’ll be offering:
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to purchase more (pro rata for shift positions)
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Membership to Women Engineering Society (WES)
- Industry Accredited Qualification
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Data show that many applicants apply for a job when they have 100% of what is required. We encourage people to bring their different experiences and background to work. If you are interested in working for Equinix and have found a role that challenges you, please don t let your reservations hold you back!
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success and it s our authentic, humble, and dedicated people who create the Magic of Equinix. We know we are only as successful as our people, so strive to offer a supportive and progressive working environment where we actively promote learning and development so our people can grow their careers with us.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We actively champion diversity with a series of networks including Black Connect, Equinix Women s Leadership Network, and Pride Connect.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Data Centre Technician – Returners Programme job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Data Centre Technician – Returners Programme job vacancy in Berkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Data Centre Technician – Returners Programme job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.