Overview: Data Architect job vacancy in Sussex recruiting now
Location: Sussex, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Contract
This role defines best practices in the evaluation and selection of software components and related hardware/infrastructure requirements of the applications and its data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, support processes, best practices and tools. The senior solution architect is responsible for application non-functional aspects for example usability, accessibility, quality, security, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide architectural oversight and support for the application and infrastructure environment
Architecture of Solutions:
- To meet and maintain required Non-Functional Requirements and future needs Capacity planning, availability, performance, house-keeping, monitoring
- Using Component-Based Architectures and also Application Packages
- Designing New Components as required o Designing Functional Architectures for Service Quality
- Developing Functional Characteristics
- Leading technical teams as appropriate in application development/support activities
- Maintaining Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Performing application package selection as required
- Architecting new IT Solutions as required
- Designing and maintaining the application solution delivery and infrastructure environment
- Liaising with 3rd party product providers to understand future enhancements, product roadmaps, new developments and communicate as required to business, user and IT Stakeholders
- Reviewing proposals to enhance or modify the configuration or functionality of Firewalls, Servers, applications, databases and other critical elements of the infrastructure
- Maintaining documentation
Documenting solution architecture Application
- Network and Infrastructure environments
- Assist in second line support problem determination and resolution of solution issues
- Assist in designing, developing and implementing hardware and infrastructure enhancements to agreed standards utilising standard processes and procedures.
- Assist in generating the required documentation in order to deliver hardware/software change control
- Assist in deploying applications to internal and external customer facing environments.
- Supporting internal development and production teams
- Reviewing and recommending changes to Windows and the virtual server performance.
- Supporting the Service/Project Manager and Support Teams to resolve incidents
- Assisting in on-site user problem determination as required
- Coaching the application support and infrastructure support teams
- Analysing and recommending service quality improvement activities
- Assist in other solutioning activities as required by the Technical Design Authority function
- Relevant technical experience managing, developing and upgrading applications, within application/solution design
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Experience with Business Process Analysis
- Good communication skills, self-starter and ability to work independently as required yet function well within a team
- Experience of end-to-end application solution architecture/design methods and patterns for example design in areas such as COTS, Web/Digital, operational technologies, Back Office and Front Office
- Architecture of medium complexity enterprise solutions
- Experience in product evaluation, gap-fit analysis, design, delivery and support
- Experience in Windows, virtualised hardware and VM (eg Citrix) environments
- Experience in a range of application development languages
- Experience in application integration using services-oriented and/or Middleware approaches
- Experience in database technologies (eg Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Experience with working with external 3rd party product providers
- Experience in deployment of applications into hosted/data centre environments and associated configuration of application and infrastructure
- Experience of IT support processes and ongoing application/infrastructure non-functional planning
- Strong customer service ethos, recognising the importance of customer needs and business value at stake in delivering services, thereby enhancing the perception of the organisation
- Ideally have exposure or experience in ITIL
- Ideally have experience in configuration management, service catalogues.
- Knowledge of OAM, IBM Maximo and Esri – GIS
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Data Architect job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Data Architect job vacancy in Sussex with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Data Architect job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.