CANCER RESEARCH UK
Overview: Data and Research Analyst job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: CANCER RESEARCH UK
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Data and Research Analyst
Salary: Circa £31,000 per annum
Contract Length: Permanent
Hours: 35, We’re open to a variety of flexible working options, including full-time, part-time and compressed hours
Location: We’re happy to discuss anything from completely office-based in Stratford, to completely home-based, and everything in between
Closing date: Monday November 8th 2021.
*We will be shortlisting upon application and will close the role one a candidate is found. Please apply ASAP to be considered
Are you passionate about using data to make a difference? Join us and develop your data collation, analysis, interpretation and communication skills to provide knowledge and intelligence to help the public and patients.
Why we need you
Cancer Research UK leads the way in providing engaging, evidence-based and up-to-date information about cancer. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold. Statistics have never been more vital. Here in our Cancer Intelligence Team, we provide and communicate authoritative statistics and analysis, to inform, inspire and raise awareness of cancer and Cancer Research UK. Our team’s vision is that by making use of and shaping the available evidence, we will prevent more, diagnose earlier, and more effectively treat cancer to beat cancer sooner.
Full job description click (please contact us if you would like this in an accessible format): here
What will I be doing?
Now we need Data and Research Analysts to help maintain our position as one of the leading providers of cancer statistics in the UK. As an Analyst, you’ll help us source, create and present high-quality statistical information and intelligence to a wide audience, including commissioners, policy makers, health professionals and researchers.
Make an impact every day as you:
- Work to detailed project plans created by Managers/Senior Analysts, to deliver timely and accurate outputs providing meaningful insights through considered interpretation.
- Communicate complex information to a range of internal and external stakeholders and audiences, using a range of methods
- Contribute to the delivery and checking of responses to statistical enquiries according to a rota, including advising on the accurate and appropriate use of cancer evidence and statistics.
- Complete analyses or use available statistics to create media content for use in press releases, blogs and infographics etc
What skills are you looking for?
You’ll be able to bring to the role:
- Analysis and data interpretation skills applicable to the cancer/health and science context.
- Experience of using standard statistical and data management software packages, ideally R, otherwise STATA, SAS etc, with evidence of ability to learn new software languages quickly.
- Ability to quality check numerical and textual information, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience of writing reports and briefings for different audiences, interpreting and setting in context analysis results
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn’t be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, and much more. We want to ensure that you have the best work/life balance possible, so we actively encourage a flexible working culture for all of our roles wherever possible. For the majority of our office-based roles you’ll only be required to work from a specific location for 1 or 2 days a week on average.
You’ll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV online
As part of your application, we would like you to submit a covering letter online in the text box provided. Please include your motivations for applying for the role and how you feel your skills and experience are a good match.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Data and Research Analyst job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Data and Research Analyst job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Data and Research Analyst job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.