Overview: Customer Insight Analyst job vacancy in London recruiting now
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Commercial and Product Management
Inmarsat’s Commercial & Product Management (CPM) group is accountable for ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and used in all aspects of defining our offer. Coupling customer insight with market intelligence, this informs our product strategy, our channel strategy and our commercial offer. In addition, it helps us support the business to win, grow and retain customers as well as allowing us to be clearer on how we will partner with other players who can create value, and why partnering and working with Inmarsat is valuable to them. CPM also focuses on how to develop, deliver and maintain the right products and services to be competitive, ensuring our costs to serve are optimised and reducing complexity.
The Customer Insight Analyst is an important role within CPM, responsible for understanding customers in the satellite communications industry, recommending approaches, planning projects, executing quantitative research, and running the insights portal – a new knowledge management tool for CPM and the wider business. The role holder will advise top management on customer sentiment, market conditions and optimal approaches and will also make recommendations based on objective data.
The role holder will therefore have solid experience in quantitative research (gathered either client-side or agency-side) and be able to run complex projects in a niche market, and additionally can confidently communicate and articulate findings. Experience of collecting and sharing insights across the wider organisation would be beneficial
This position has the following key responsibilities:
- Designing and planning insight projects using a wide range of quant tools
- Executing projects in field and assuring high quality, actionable insights are gathered
- Communicating insights to drive action and change
- Helping the CPM management team form an effective strategy based on customer insights
- Running the insights portal – the newly-launched central repository for customer insights as well as reports from the market intelligence teams analyst reports and industry news
- Managing agencies and building an online panel of customers for quant studies
Done well, we expect the role holder to deliver big changes for Inmarsat:
- Inmarsat achieves deep clarity in customer sentiment, understanding strengths and weaknesses
- CPM develops customer-centric products that are priced at the appropriate level.
- The company embraces a fact driven culture, taking big decisions on objective evidence – including customer insights that are shared on the portal
The role will involve close interaction and collaboration with:
- Insight & Research Agencies
The role holder will be jointly responsible for managing the insight agency roster. This involves growing and developing a network of trusted market research agencies and expert networks who can help Inmarsat achieve our research objectives.
- Strategy, product, and commercial groups
Work closely with the CPM and strategy teams to ensure customer insight is appropriately used to underpin products, offers and lifecycles.
- Business Units
Exchanging insights with the maritime, enterprise, aviation and government business units and the central marketing team, leveragingtheir customer and partner knowledge
- Insights Community
Working with the community of customer insights, market intelligence and business intelligence specialists to populate and promote the insights portal across the business
- Ability to communicate concepts clearly
- The role holder will need to present findings and recommendations to senior management on (at least) a monthly basis, This requires a clear and incisive ability to communicate naturally.
- Ability to make the complex simple
- The role holder is required to be able to make highly complex models and projects into simple take-outs, without clutter or jargon. A natural storyteller who can cut through the clutter to land big calls to action.
- A pragmatic “Self-Starter”
- The insight team supports several strategic programmes and the strategic product roadmap. There will be inevitable times where trade-offs, planning and priority calls will need to be made – the role holder will be expected to make things happen, not wait to be asked.
- Ability to influence and sell ideas
- The role holder will have a bias for action and need to go beyond producing insights, using influence to turn recommendations into action.
- The role holder will need to be able to persuade management to make changes to “business as usual” and take decisions, requiring some negotiation skills.
- Customer centric, naturally conscientious
- The role holder will need to act as a voice of the customer, challenging the status-quo and ensure we do the right things as a business and as a corporate citizen.
- Keen attention to detail
- Major decisions are taken on the back of the recommendations made by the central insights team. It’s therefore a necessity that we take great care in the quality and integrity of our work, ensuring the highest standards. Every member of the insight team is expected to work with diligence and care to produce insights that matter.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Category experience
- (at least 4-5 years) experience and expertise in management and delivery of customer insights or market research in telecommunications, technology, media, or a similar category
- Survey Development
- Extensive (at least 4-5 years) experience using an enterprise grade survey platform (e.g., Qualtrics) with the ability to use advanced features.
- Planning and executing quant insights
- Experience of running large scale insight campaigns in a complex market.
- Producing recommendations
- Strong bias for action. Able to demonstrate a clear ability to translate insights and research into recommendations
- Stakeholder management
- A strong communicator with excellent influencing skills.
- Telecommunications industry background.
- Experience of recruiting research participants in a niche B2B industry – through expert networks and/or an in-house online panel
- Experience in commercial modelling.
- Experience of knowledge management – collecting and sharing reports and insights across the wider organisation
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Quantitative Approaches
- Strong knowledge of quantitative research techniques and best practise,
- Numeracy and statistical knowhow
- Whilst formal statistics experience or qualifications are not required, the role holder must be able to understand, articulate and work with basic statistical knowledge and have analytical abilities. Able to run pricing and offer studies (e.g., conjoint, MaxDiff, Van Westendorp etc.)
- Fluent in English language
- It is essential that the role holder can communicate clearly in English
- Academic degree
- The role holder is expected to hold at least a bachelor’s degree, ideally in a science, research, mathematical or technology subject
- Analytical or statistical abilities: the primary focus of the role is insights, not statistics, but analytical abilities are highly desirable.
- Professional qualification – e.g., Market Research Society
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Customer Insight Analyst job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Customer Insight Analyst job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Customer Insight Analyst job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.