Care Quality Commission
Grade B – £37,694 (National Framework) or £42,712 (London Framework – if you are London office based or homebased and live within the boundary of the M25)
Contracted Hours: Full time 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Secondment. 1x 12 months, 1x until March 2022
Closing date: Thursday 23rd September 2021 at 11.59pm
Are you committed to helping us regulate health and social care within England?
We are looking for individuals who are caring, demonstrate integrity, work well as part of a team and always strive for excellence in everything they do. Help us make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve.
Let us tell you a little bit about the role….
As a Content Design Manager, you will be responsible for making our services clear and easy to understand.
You’ll work with subject matter experts to check the accuracy of content, present to senior stakeholders and work within an agile team to prototype and test your work.
You’ll be working on transforming our guidance for providers about registering and running a health or social care service. It’s part of a major programme of change moving our digital systems to a new platform and ensuring they’re clear and easy to use.
What we’re looking for from you…
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about making services as clear and simple as possible and who has experience of working in an agile multidisciplinary team.
If you have worked on services meeting the GDS service standard and been assessed on it or have worked on health and social care guidance, we want to hear from you.
If you’re interested and think this is the perfect job for you, apply today!
- Manages delivery of the content for CQC services and identifies opportunities for it to improve.
- Liaises with key stakeholders and content owners within CQC to ensure service content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Works with subject matter experts and content designers to deliver a clear and effective content strategy for our services.
- Works with product managers and user researchers to ensure the content needs of our users are understood and met.
- May be required to provide line management to relevant content designers, ensuring they meet their objectives and develop their skills.
- Ensures service content is simple, concise and in plain English.
- Uses the principles of good content design and champions their use throughout the organisation.
- Works with the performance analyst to understand how the service is being used and take user feedback into account.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team to ensure our services are accessible to all and users can navigate our content effectively.
- Develop, monitor and report against key performance indicators to measure success.
- Have the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to actively promote diversity and equality of opportunity, treat everyone with dignity and respect and avoid unlawful discrimination.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent
- Significant knowledge and experience of working within a content design role
- A clear understanding of content design principles, methodologies and best practice.
- Significant knowledge of and experience in digital and non-digital engagement techniques
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability
- Delivery focused with a high level of organisation, planning and project management skills.
- Flexible approach and able to respond quickly to ad hoc or urgent requests.
- Extensive experience in advising colleagues on website and digital proposals and a deep understanding of the challenges often faced when delivering such projects.
- Knowledge of CQC’s public target audiences and the challenges CQC faces in engaging them
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- An understanding of CQC, its regulatory policy and legislative responsibilities
- Demonstrates continuous professional development
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of using different media and IT packages
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of managing digital projects across the whole lifecycle.
- Experience in an Agile project management environment.
- Experience of managing multiple projects.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders.
For an informal discussion or further information on the role, please contact Owen Griffiths, Public Information & Services Manager at email@example.com